[80] Random Encounter (2)

If you wish to read [the next 20] chapters right away, visit my Patreøn.

Link: Patreon.com/Master4thWall

Chapter 80: Random Encounter (2)

"You guys..."

When Beidou saw the new group walk in, being guided by a young man riding a large duck, she released a sigh of relief.

It's not wise to judge people based on their appearance, in this world of pirates, but this group really didn't look hostile. It was a little weird, somewhat creepy perhaps, that the young man was riding a large duck while wearing too happy an expression, but Beidou didn't question it.

This forest had massive beetles and lions, so it wasn't surprising that they found a massive duck too.

Until then, Beidou thought this was a normal group of adventurers. If it was a group of pirates, she was sure to know them – since the group seemed strong, to stay calm after killing such a large enemy.

However, she realized she was wrong.

"I didn't recognize the ship and flag earlier, but seeing her face made me remember. I know her. That's Beidou, the captain of the Crux Pirates. Though they are more popular by their nicknames... the Mid Mom Pirates."

"Huh? Mid Mom- what?"

A black-haired woman who stood beside the duck explained. While the boy riding the duck blinked and then his expression twisted in a weird manner, and by weird, the Crux Pirates realized what it meant.

With a failed try at controlling, the boy released a peal of laughter, laughing so hard that he nearly fell off the duck's back.

"Mid? Mid Mom? Oh my god-"

While the boy's laughter continued, Beidou's grateful expression changed, similar to her crewmates', as their expression turned solemn and deadpan.

The Crux Pirates had a shameful nickname. The Mid Mom Pirates was supposed to be an inside joke, but then it got leaked and became a joke. Being called a cheap copy of the Big Mom Pirates was hurtful enough, but to be called "Mid" was salt over the wound.

Beidou sighed and shook her head internally. There was no helping it, she would have laughed if it was someone else.

She realized something, however, as she watched one of the four girls of that group, a blue-haired girl with a noble-like appearance, started to scold the young man to tell him to stop laughing. Beidou hadn't seen it earlier, but looking at the girl, her mind just clicked.

"You're the kid who ran with the Princess of Alabasta."

"-Huh?" the boy who was stopping laughing frowned. "Girl, don't call me a kid. Be respectful to your saviors."

"My bad, I just speak like that."

"Hmm,"

The guy chewed on his lip for two seconds before shrugging. He jumped off the duck's back and approached her, walking behind her.

"The name is Hashirama Senju, and you're welcome."

Hashirama crouched down behind her and undid her binding, and as he did that, he whispered in a tone low enough that only she heard it.

"Don't try anything funny, though. Pirates rarely trust each other, so I am saying this just in case you repay my kindness with backstabbing. The result will not be pretty."

"I will keep that in mind."

Beidou gave a curt nod. She didn't really feel fear by his threat, but it wasn't her nature to betray. Well, except for when she fled her home with the family heirloom, breaking all the trust. Speaking of that, she just lost that sword to the bandits too.