[39] The Birthday Girl (2)

Chapter 39: The Birthday Girl (2)

The Kingdom of Alabasta was large; one of the largest countries on this planet. With its population at tens of millions, naturally the coming-of-age ceremony of the Kingdom's sole princess was going to be huge.

It was evening, the setting sun created a red-orange hue in the sky that seemed to start the party mindset in everyone.

The city of Alubarna was decorated with all kinds of stuff, lighting, and flowers. Along with paper toys that roamed around the sky via thin threads that weren't visible to the eyes. Countless shops were laid out by the side of the road, selling countless classic Alabasta food, along with food that only got popular after the whole forestation of the country. The smell of all the street side food filled the area with a rich air, and everyone walking by was salivated by it.

For outsiders walking into the city, it had to be an out-of-world experience.

That was exactly true for the Nobles from other cities and the Royals from the nearby Kingdoms who came to Alubarna today.

It was a rule for today that all carriages must be stopped at the city gate and everyone was to walk to the Palace, so no matter whether peasant or royalty, all the outsiders were walking through the streets.

With their eyes gawking at the stunning scenery, their heart fluttering with fascination, envy and jealousy, they roamed this city of happiness while forgetting why they even came here.

One such outsider Royalty was the ruler of Drum Island. King Wapol.

"Tch! Tch! Look at these other royalties, all being escorted by some soldiers! Yet, I was not even received properly!" Wapol complained as he walked with the company of his guard, Dalton. "Is it because of the Reverie 6 years ago, huh? Just because I accidentally hit that little Vivi girl? Oh my, the people of this country surely can hold a grudge!"

Every four years, a meeting happened between 50 leaders of the 50 nations among the 170 nations that were a part of the World Government. The event happened in Mariejois; dubbed as The Reverie.

The most recent Reverie happened two years ago, and the one Wapol mentioned happened in the year 1514.

In that particular Reverie, an incident led to Wapol hitting Vivi in front of all the 50 World Leaders; then saying it was an accident while it was clear that he was being deliberate.

It was only because Vivi knew the result of a possible conflict between the two countries; the dangers and worthless battles the innocent civilians may have to go through. So she just shrugged the matter off and apologized instead. If not, both her parents were ready to prove a point; war or not.

That was exactly why Wapol was invited today. It has been eight years since then, and Alabasta was doing not only better than Drum Island but possibly even Dressrosa. So the King and Queen of Alabasta invited Wapol, to show off, to display the difference between his Kingdom, and the Kingdom of Flourishment that was Alabasta.

"Tch..." Wapol clicked his tongue and then chuckled. "Hey, Dalton, I hear that little girl has grown well. Hehe, perhaps I should have the King apologize to me by handing his daughter to me?"

The other Kingdom Royals who were nearby, walking towards the castle, scoffed in their head. Truthfully, some of them were also planning similar things— namely, the Prince of the Rommel Kingdom was planning to ask for Vivi's hand as well, though in a much politer manner. While the Princess of Lulusia Kingdom was planning to seduce the legendary Hero of Alabasta.

The Hero of Alabasta...

"Excuse me," a hand grabbed Wapol by the shoulder.

"Ah, isn't that him?" the Princess of Lulusia gasped from the side.