[16] Miss All Sunday (2)

Chapter 16: Miss All Sunday (2)

The current Nico Robin wasn't exactly the definition of a nice person, however she wasn't evil either. Hashirama knew that. He was also aware that she could be changed. Into a far better person.

Nico Robin could be his key to taking down Sir Crocodile. That's why he was being careful not to trigger her.

"I am here to talk."

Hashirama repeated himself as he slowly took a seat in front of her.

"Can you put down your hands?"

Robin was frowning deeply and he even noticed a few droplets of sweat on her forehead. For the next few seconds, flashes of contemplation passed across her eyes before she slowly nodded.

She put her arms down on the table.

However, Hashirama didn't miss Robin's sharp guard that was ready to make her cross her hand and take action at any given moment.

"Thank you for catching my fall back then, by the way."

Hashirama genuinely appreciated that.

"Though what I am not thankful for is that, your people tried to kill me and my friends."

Rather than commenting on his words, Robin just stared at him briefly and then turned to glare at Miss Valentine.

"Miss Valentine, what is the meaning of this?" Robin asked a flustered Mikita. "Why is the person whom you reported to be dead, currently sitting in front of me?

"A-ah, I just...."

Mikita couldn't find her words.

After gulping, she finally started to speak.

"He defeated me and Mr Five, and then killed Mr Five. He threatened to kill m-me too if I didn't lie in our call." Mikita said. "He forced me to bring him to you. I had no choice."

"...."

"I am s-sorry...?"

Looking displeased, Robin opened her mouth. But she couldn't say anything. Soon she closed her mouth with a grit of her teeth.

'Seriously, what can I say to a woman scared for her life?' Robin sighed internally. But of course, she would be reprimanded, perhaps even killed, if Robin came out of this meeting alive.

"Don't kill her,"

Hashirama suddenly said out loud, as if reading Robin's thoughts, which startled the woman.

"I would have done so myself if I wanted to. I want to punish her in another way. Personally, I don't suggest killing useful people unless very necessary. Moreover, killing a scared pest isn't that fun."

Hashirama paused and then glanced at Mikita's green eyes.

"Miss Valentine would agree that she just needs to learn some humility, right?"

Mikita's head seemed to fume out smokes of rage as she forced a nod, while Robin stared at the exchange with a frown.

Soon, Robin spoke again.

"Admirable thinking. Unfortunately, I do not quite understand why I would abide by whatever you personally think. Care to enlighten me?"

"Well, that's exactly what I am here to talk about."

Hashirama smiled while still looking at Mikita.

"But maybe we should send Miss Valentine out first?—Unless you want her to learn all your secrets."