[106] A Month Later (1)

Chapter 106: A Month Later (1)

Humans were odd, women were the oddest. Such was the world Hashirama lived in, and it didn't help he was surrounded by the oddest bunch even amongst the women.

"I am still going to leave though."

"But-"

When Boa Hancock calmed down a little, he dropped the bomb. Her eyes shot up, tearing up once again, as she began to cry again. Hashirama sighed and lowered his hand that was wrapped around her back, now resting on her curvy waist.

"I am in search of something, sweetheart. That is why I came to the Calm Belt, to begin with. There is no point in delaying it since we set sail already."

The ship was in the same place it was before, just inches away, but technically they have set sail. Even if Hashirama forgave her, he didn't want to go back and enjoy the festival as if nothing happened.

Hancock opened her mouth, hesitating a little, until she sighed and closed her eyes. Opening her eyes again, she tried to speak calmly this time.

"I forgot to mention something. Your sister, Tsunade Senju, came here in search of you recently. She is gone by now, but she left a message for you. The Warlord, Donqixoute Doflamingo, will hold a tournament of some sort, and your sister will attend it as a guest. She told me to let you know, she said if I did then you'll decide to go there."

Hashirama's crewmates who were staring at the scene with a frown, especially Vivi and Mikita, blinked at that information. Hashirama himself looked spaced out until he scowled deeply.

"When?"

"In a month from now on."

"So I have around 20 days..."

Hashirama gently pushed Hancock away, standing up and looking at Nami.

"We need to be quick. We are going to cross to the New World in 20 days, so we need to finish our search here fast."

Nami gave a nod, mentally changing the course of the sail she had planned before, and deciding to take a shorter route.

"Now, Hancock, can you-"

Hashirama turned back to look at Hancock, clearly urging her to leave, but the older woman spoke over him, her tone desperate.

"T-take me with you! For 20 days, I can be a useful guide around this sea since this is my region. Besides, I am also supposed to go to Dressrosa, as a guest, so we can go together!"

Hashirama was about to reject her until he heard the last line. He considered it for a moment and then nodded.

Just like that – as Gloriosa's yells came from afar, her tone filled with a sense of regret, her mind telling her she shouldn't have done this, to begin with – Hashirama's ship began to move with an ecstatic Hancock and a bunch of deadpan girls.

* * *

* * *

* * *

Onigashima, Wano

Donqixoute Doflamingo's little stunt had grown large. Initially, just a plan to lure the Senju woman, this thing now involved two of the four Emperors of the Sea.

Thankfully, none of the two involved powerhouses were going to directly be present in Dressrosa, they were sending one of their Commanders.

Currently, in the isolated lands of the Samurais, on the skull of a once ancient giant, the King of All Beasts sat on a large throne. Chugging down barrels of alcohol, his drunken words rang out within the room.

"Worororo... So Charlotte Oven is not going?"

It was a question filled with a drunken tone, but the person on the receiving end of the question, someone wrapped in tight black leather armor, with large black wings, nodded with great respect.

King the Wildfire, one of the three All-Stars, stood straight before Kaido's throne, his hand resting on the hilt of his sword.

"Then... is it Katakuri who will be going?"

King noticed a strange, longing tone in that question. Katakuri was the strongest of the Big Mom Pirates, right after the mother herself, and Kaido had a large role to play behind that. Specifically, it was his blood that made Katakuri the strongest.

"Unfortunately, that is not the case. I hear it would be Charlotte Smoothie who will be going in Oven's stead. As for this change of decision at the last moment, it's apparently because Oven would be busy with some other work."

"Huh. All right."

Kaido chugged another barrel of wine into his throat, filling the room with sounds of gulps, until he threw the empty barrel away, a bit too strong as it clashed with the wall and shattered into pieces. King gave it a passive look and then looked back at Kaido, who leaned further into his throne.

"Isn't it about time you leave, King?"

That was true. There was not much time left for the Tournament to begin. They got the invitation from Doflamingo about a month ago, and now the event was about to begin in just a few days.

In any other case, Kaido would never send King to a gathering like this – where Marines were officially invited, too. Same with Big Mom, she wouldn't have sent her daughter either. However, Donqixoute "Joker" Doflamingo had an influence that even the Emperors could trust. The Marines won't send an Admiral, and even if they do, a single Emperor would not be enough in that scenario.

The chances of a Buster Call, too, were zero precisely because it was the territory of Doffy, a former Celestial Dragon.

"Yes, it is about time. By my flight, it should take less than a day to reach Dressrosa."

"Hmm," Kaido grumbled. "Didn't we send Page One and Ulti to Punk Hazard?"

Ulti and Page were two of the Six Tobiroppos, two of the stronger ones, and they had been sent to Punk Hazard a while ago to check on a few things. Nothing important, just some ordered inspection.

"Yes, that is correct."

"Tell them to head to Dressrosa. Linlin's gonna send a whole crew with Smoothie, I am sure, I can't do anything less for my best."

Kaido was saying that, but if he was sober he would have sent King alone – saying his best wouldn't need a crew, he alone was enough. But oh well, King was used to this by now. He nodded in affirmation.

"As you wish."

"All right, you can leave now."

Gently lowering his head, All-Star King turned around and jumped through the window, shooting through the sky like a meteorite.

For the first time in a long while, King had a feeling this little scene would be worth his time. Certainly, he would be right to say that.

**

**

**

If you want to read the next 20 chapters right away, visit my Patreon.

Link: Patreon.com/Master4thWall