[85] Nature; Against The Island God

Chapter 85: Nature; Against The Island God

"This was it? You lost to these weaklings?"

"In my defense, my crewmates and I were hungry and our bodies were tired."

Hashirama attacked Beidou's dignity with words, having defeated the bandits just now; to which she replied sharply, giving him a look with her side eye.

Hashirama chuckled and shook his head. "Sure. I will trust you once. Now where is the weapon? I saw it earlier... Wait here, I will be back."

The groaning of the enemies sprawled on the floor was ignored by Hashirama as he looked around the camp, rushing about and soon standing before the largest hut in the area. The girls waited for him as he found the weapon.

Right beside the gate, the sword was placed in a holder, resting gently. It was right there.

"Looks slick."

Hashirama picked it up; recognizing it from the same mid-gacha game that Beidou originated from. The blade was dark like the darkest night, with a mixture of crimson ore that looked like the red moon. It was pitch black like a pool of ink, with flames of red leaping from within.

It felt strangely cold to hold the weapon.

Then, just as Hashirama was about to leave with the sword, a nearby bush trembled. The hut was near another gate within the border, and right outside the gate, the maw of a beast slowly crept out of the bush.

It seemed the commotion of this fight had drawn some sensitive ears.

Hashirama was casual about it as a bear, the size of a one-story building, walked out of the bush, the trees. He grabbed the hilt of the sword tightly, deciding to test out the sharpness of the weapon.

"Hey, Hashirama..."

Before Hashirama could close the distance between him and the overgrown bear, the girls rushed from behind him.

"There is a large pack of hyenas on the other side- eek!"

Vivi was the one speaking before she yelped when she saw the bear on Hashirama's side. Frowning, Hashirama expanded his Observation Haki in a circular domain as his frown just deepened.

The bear walked out of the bush. From behind it, another bear walked out. Seeing this, the large bear before must be a cub, and this was the parent – the size of a three-story building.

That wasn't it. Hyenas were on the other entrance, and on both other sides, other less threatening animals were waiting to ambush once the fight broke out. Hashirama and friends were surrounded, and while Hashirama could safely say that nobody would die, these were still beasts – anybody could get seriously injured.

"How problematic... Here's your weapon."

Hashirama put the long sword away, handing it over to Beidou, its owner.

"Guys, this will hurt if you don't shield your mind. Try to clench your spiritual jaws as if you're expecting to be hit hard; try not to get any permanent damage."

Hashirama shifted a little, his eyes focusing on the mother bear, who seemed like she would rush forward at any second.

She did just that, and Hashirama's brows knitted further. As if that was a switch, the air in the forest lost its mind. The ground trembled, and the island quavered.

A wave of green boomed out of Hashirama's body. His hair tie broke apart, and his hair flared upwards. A domain expanded with him in the center, and despite his tries, he couldn't hold it back from making the girls drop down to their knees.