[48] The Dramatic Confrontation (1)

Chapter 48: The Dramatic Confrontation (1)

It was night, past 7 PM. The sky was riddled with spots of light, and the moon floated amidst that all. Under the luminous moonlight, three people were enjoying a dinner outdoors.

On the northern side of Jaya Island, a table was placed a bit outside Mont Cricket's house. Two women sat at the table, their expressions complicated, while Cricket walked with grilled fish to serve before them.

"You girls should eat already. I was the only one who ate at noon. It's not good for your health if you don't eat."

Cricket said as he served the grills in front of the two ladies, on two separate plates.

"Uh,"

Robin was surprised by the aroma of the fish. It smelled delicious. She looked up at Vivi, but that girl still wore a frown. Vivi's hands fiddled with one another, as she couldn't wait any longer.

Coupled with the massacre witnessed earlier, along with the impatient feeling caused by Hashirama's disappearance, Vivi was not in the mood to eat.

Robin wanted to eat, she was hungry. These sorts of scenes weren't any uncommon to her. But she didn't want to alienate the younger girl, so she too hadn't eaten yet.

However, it was better to eat at this point. For both of them. For a little girl like her, it's not a good thing if her stomach stayed empty for too long.

"Vivi,"

Robin looked at Vivi and called.

"Let's eat already. I promise to go with you after we are done eating."

Vivi looked at Robin, her face a little pale. Soon, she sighed and shook her head.

"Let's wait until he comes out. I don't feel like eating anyway..."

Growl!

"...?"

"...!"

Vivi's stomach rumbled right then and a small blush surfaced on her cheeks. While Robin and Cricket exchanged glances, the little girl cleared her throat and picked up a slice of fish.

"Hey, you guys...!"

Just then, a voice came shouting from afar. Just before Vivi was about to put the fish in her mouth. Her neck snapped to look at the source, and her eyes widened to find Hashirama and Mikita walking over to them.

Over their shoulders were bags, large bags, and they were wearing clothes different from before, too.

Those two had just raided the ships of Bellamy Pirates for everything it's worth, now that the owner wasn't alive.

Hashirama closed the distance as the aroma of the grilled fish entered his nose. Robin had a bad feeling just then, but before she could stop Hashirama he spoke without caring.

"Whoa. To think you guys are enjoying delicious food without me. What else did you eat throughout the day?"

While Robin face-palmed and Cricket smiled awkwardly, the piece of fish fell from Vivi's hand and she rushed towards him to attack.

Shoowsh!

"Bastard! Die!"

Vivi kicked the ground and appeared right above his head. Her leg moved once again, and this time it went right toward his nose.

* * *

The world slowed down for Hashirama. Just before the kick could hit, he found himself in a frozen time.