45: A Delayed Punishment (1)

Chapter 45: A Delayed Punishment (1)

Bellamy Pirates' ship was nearly circular in shape, and it had metal strapping on multiple parts. It wasn't a practical design, less so when it was a medium-sized ship.

It seemed Bellamy poured most of his initial 'earned' money into the ship. The result was this, a pathetic attempt at appearing intimidating.

"I guess they're better off dead if their ship looks like this."

Hashirama scoffed as he kicked the ground. His body rode on the force from the kick and moved smoothly through the air; he landed on the ship's deck right after.

There was a net stair, but that was for normal people. Hashirama didn't need to take that.

Neither did Mikita behind him. She lowered her weight and jumped in the air, gently rising up and landing beside Hashirama when she increased her weight again.

"...Hey,"

Hashirama sighed and turned to look at Mikita.

He didn't look amused as he looked deep into her green eyes. Hashirama's own eyes were a deeper shade of green; which made Mikita flinch.

"Can't you read the room? Stop following me."

Mikita cleared her throat and made a flabbergasted expression.

"Following you? Nah, it's a coincidence. I just h-happened to want to come here too. I have to loot the home of my former abductors, or else I won't be able to sleep at night."

Mikita lied almost confidentially, even as Hashirama stared dryly. He was here to do the same thing. To scavenge this ownerless ship for all it's worth.

A flash of consideration went by his face before he sighed.

"Alright. Make yourself at home. Just remember everything belongs to me, don't try to steal my stuff again."

Mikita winced at the words but nodded. Hashirama didn't heed her any longer and turned around to roam around the ship. Something that Mikita imitated, consciously staying not so far from him.

....

It's been ten minutes, and...

"Oh, hey, these nail polishes are great! Ah, the kit too."

Hashirama has had enough.

Mikita was in front of a dressing table, trying out the girly stuff and exclaiming to herself.

Hashirama was looking through a drawer, scavenging a few pieces of jewelry on his hands, when he grumbled and looked at Mikita.

"How about you stop being such a pain in the ass? Just because I didn't say anything until now doesn't mean you can push me any further."

Mikita put down the kits and stuttered out, "I-I'm just looking for an opportunity to say sorry."

Hashirama frowned at that, as she gulped and continued.

"I am sorry about the incident three years ago, too. I really am. Let me add a thank you, too. For saving me."

Hashirama stared at her for a minute, before smirking with a scoff.

"Good for you. Must feel better to have gotten those two out of your chest. Apology accepted since I did the same for Robin. However, I can't accept the 'thanks' since Robin has paid me with something else."

"Huh?"

Mikita blinked in confusion.

Hashirama took a few steps forward, towering over her 5'10" form.