[71] A Sister's Failed Warning

Chapter 71: A Sister's Failed Warning

-

Sprawled on the floor with her eyes wide, Nami stared at the distancing Cocoyashi Village. The ship moved at a stunning speed, leaving the village behind, and in a few minutes, it became just another spot in the sea.

Nami got up from her spot and hastily turned around to glare at Hashirama, who was near her.

"Why did you do that?"

"After a loud argument over the call, my sister started hunting for me,"

"...."

Nami wondered why he said that as if he was reciting a book's title, but his tone returned to normal after that.

"All right, I am sorry. But, didn't you already meet everyone when they came to see you earlier? No need to waste any more time saying goodbyes. I don't like goodbyes."

Saying proper goodbyes always left a strange feeling of emptiness within Hashirama, even if the other party wasn't anyone important. For example, Mont Blanc Cricket. So unless necessary, he liked to just dip randomly.

"But still, you are wicked for that. The very least you can do for your new crewmate is to let her say goodbye to her friends and family," said one girl amidst one of the three girls (and one duck) who was right beside Hashirama and Nami.

Robin slipped into the conversation when she saw a chance. With a book in one of her hands, she wore a simple white shirt and long pants; walking to Nami she gently patted her shoulder.

"You'll get used to his weirdness, don't worry. Welcome aboard, I'm Nico Robin."

Nami sighed and shot Hashirama one last glare. Then she turned to get a proper look at all members of the crew. The girls other than Robin.

Wearing a short black shirt showing her midriff, coupled with tight purple shorts, was a blue-haired girl. She gave Nami a broad smile.

"Hi, I'm Nefertari Vivi. But just Vivi is fine,"

Vivi said, waving her hand and smiling like an amicable friend. Nami felt a little awkward because she recognized this girl from the newspaper she read. Unlike an orphan like her, that was a princess right there. A spoiled princess who fled her country with her friend. Still, Nami couldn't help but smile back.

Then, her eyes moved to the blonde woman with short hair in a bob cut. She wore a yellow long-sleeved top and a cute white hat. For a moment, Nami felt something weird as she looked at the woman. She couldn't exactly tell what the problem was, however.

"It's Mikita. No last name. Good to meet you."

"Aha..."

Nami noticed that her introduction was a little colder than the others. But she didn't judge her for that, as it was the first time they were meeting, and cold didn't mean aggressive.

What she did judge was Hashirama. Why were all his crewmates female? Then again, based on his behavior these past few days, it made sense.

In another corner of the deck, there was the large duck to whom Nami had gotten accustomed by now. The duck put a hand on her chest and yelled "Karoo Karoo Karoo!".

Nami happily received that introduction as well and spoke for the first time.

"I'm Nami. From that village, we just left. I guess I will be your ship's navigator starting from now on."

"Yup, yup. Welcome our new mate and be sure to get along."

Hashirama said, crossing his arms and smiling.