[15] Miss All Sunday (1)

Wish to read chapters ahead of here? Visit my Patreøn.

Link: Patreøn.com/Master4thWall

———

Chapter 15: Miss All Sunday (1)

———

Nico Robin stood beside a window of a two-story building located in Nanohana, that belonged to Baroque Works. A mug of hot coffee was in her hands, vapour rising from it and blurring the glass of the window even as Robin stared at it in a daze.

Robin felt... more than a bit guilty after killing a child, indirectly or otherwise.

Mr Five and Miss Valentine had reportedly killed a Royal Knight who was escorting Princess Vivi. They had reportedly killed the teenage boy named Hashirama Senju as well, the culprit behind Crocodile's frustration in the last decade.

Robin couldn't help but clench her jaws when she heard Miss Valentine report that a few hours ago. Since the age of eight, Robin had been on a run from marines, pirates and bounty hunters alike– which sometimes resulted in her killing the said people.

Sometimes, she had to kill dozens of people. Maybe not directly with her own hands, but by burning down buildings/ships and such. However, there was an exception to her rule. She didn't hurt children. Even if the said children were a part of a group who she needed to eradicate, Nico Robin always let the children live. Because in the end, she would be comfortable taking innocent lives.

This boy, Hashirama Senju, was such an innocent kid. Reportedly, it was he who had made this dying country into what it was now– a dominant and important Kingdom in this world. It was him who had indirectly saved thousands, if not millions of lives that inhabited this country. Yet, Robin had killed him– maybe not by her own hands, but it was undeniable that she was one of the main reasons he was killed.

After all, it was her who helped Crocodile come up with the plan to strike Hashirama right after Tsunade left for the Marines. In fact, because of her, Sir Crocodile actually recommended Tsunade Senju to the marines, just so they would let her in– though Tsunade would never learn about that.

Staring at the blurry window, Nico Robin recalled the incident that happened in Nanohana before Hashirama had accidentally bumped into her. The scene where these two siblings so cheerfully said goodbye to each other, how they kept waving at each other even after reaching far from each other's sight.

Such an innocent and lovely relationship.

Now, it didn't exist because Robin was so weak and pathetic that she needed to stand behind Crocodile for protection.

Despite herself, Nico Robin clenched her cup of coffee so hard that it shattered, cutting her hand and at the same time pouring boiling hot coffee on her. Yet, she only kept gritting her teeth in frustration.

Was this the life she was leading after Saul sacrificed himself for her?

"..."

Robin's gaze became dazed and distant once more, even as blood trailed down her hand and painted the white carpet on the floor with a red hue.

* * *

Around half an hour later, after Nico Robin had applied medicine to her wound and bandaged her hand, she was once again staring out of the intro. Except this time her eyes were actively searching, waiting, for someone.

Sometime later, Robin noticed the shadow of two people, one male and one female. The male figure seemed to be carrying an unconscious kid on his shoulder, as well. The two figures slowly approached Nanohana through the clear, open road located within the dense forest that surrounded this city in a triangle.