[31] Just Hand Me Over...! (2)

Chapter 31: Just Hand Me Over...! (2)

It has been 51 years since she's been a marine; having joined at the early age of 20.

In her long career, Vice-Admiral Tsuru has seen lots of things.

She was the strongest female Marine in history, and that unofficial title made a lot of her admirers compare her adventure with the likes of Vice-Admiral Garp and Fleet Admiral Sengoku, her two closest friends.

Admittedly by Tsuru herself, her adventures weren't so great. She never went after the Pirate King or the Strongest Man Alive, though she did clash with a few of the other Emperors in their younger days.

With such experience on her shoulders, very familiar with the evil of humanity, with the witful schemes of dirty pirates, Tsuru wasn't surprised when she heard the report regarding Warlord Crocodile.

"Pirates, haah." Tsuru sighed a little. "You guys never learn."

Standing in front of the Sea Prism Cell on the top floor of Rain Dinner, Tsuru looked down on the criminals who were chained inside.

Despite never having gone after Roger and Whitebeard, Tsuru had a bit of history with nearly all of the Seven Warlords of the Sea. Sir Crocodile was no exception. That was why, decades ago, it was surprising news to her when he applied for the Warlord position. Her surprise only grew when he went to Alabasta and started playing a hero.

Tsuru was very suspicious for the first few years, but later, she came to accept that this guy genuinely changed for the better.

Now, a few years after that, Sir Crocodile's true goals were exposed. Tsuru's judgment was proven wrong and she was very disappointed.

That's why when she heard the report from Sengoku, she asked permission to handle this herself. More so since her ship was just near Alabasta, it didn't take two or more days for the Marines to come, unlike usual.

Tsuru's disappointment was made clear to him by her gaze, as she stood outside his cell. Yet, Sir Crocodile didn't look regretful, sad, or angry.

"Been a while, hasn't it, Tsuru?" Sir Crocodile said with a smirk. "Funny, isn't it? My ambitions this time too came to an end."

"It seems so, yes. I will admit, I am a little surprised seeing you in this condition." Tsuru didn't give him any further attention and accepted the papers the King handed over to her. Flipping the papers, Tsuru's disappointment only increased. "This makes me nauseous. I see you bribed the local Marines too. How sad."

Alabasta didn't have Marines, but the nearby islands did. Sir Crocodile was doing this for decades, so the Marines were ought to notice at one point or another. Sadly, he had been bribing them to keep their mouths shut.

"Soldiers," Tsuru turned to her subordinates. "Open the cell and take them outside. They're chained with sea stone handcuffs, so there shouldn't be any problem."

"Wait," Sir Crocodile shouted while the marine female soldiers began to open the cell, without a care for his words. "Listen to me for a moment, Tsuru."

"I have nothing to hear from you." Tsuru walked to the side, making space for the soldiers to take out the prisoners and have them walk out through the doors. "All the proof is in my hands; I see no reason to waste time conversing with a scum."

Sir Crocodile, as he was being dragged by the soldiers, was about to say something again. However, before one could come out of his mouth, the entire building shook.

"Wha-"

The King, Queen, and Princess panicked and Tsuru stood over them to protect them from any harm. Her hands were ready to use her Devil Fruit; the power that was a counter to Sir Crocodile more than Hashirama could ever be.