[116] The Colosseum (4)

If you want to read the next 20 chapters right away, visit my Patreon.

Link: Patreon.com/Master4thWall

Chapter 116: The Colosseum (4)

The plan was to let Hashirama win the D-Block battle royal. There would be 139 people that would be fighting there, and Rebecca would be fighting with the intention of thinning out the numbers for him.

After that, the four winners from the four blocks would enter a battle royal with four of Doflamingo's minions. The plan from there was to grab the fruits and deliver the one Hashirama wanted to Rebecca; after which he was sure the situation would spiral into further chaos that would be the climax of this country.

"Now we just wait for Block D's game to start." Hashirama told her, ruffling her hair as she looked up at his face like a little puppy, her eyes glistening.

"Ahm,"

He heard the old gladiator from before clear his throat, and turning to him he found all the gladiators looking at him. The middle-aged man spoke for all of them.

"I thank you, traveler, for doing this for us. You said you have personal reasons behind it, but still. We shall leave the princess in your care, along with our Kingdom."

They bowed. In unison, the dozens of gladiators from not only this cell but from the cells nearby bowed to him. It was a bit odd, but Hashirama was used to this by now after living as Alabasta's Hero Knight for a few years.

Speaking of Alabasta, it had been a while. He missed that place a bit, truth be told. Perhaps it was time to give the King and Queen a call after dealing with Doflamingo, they should be a lot calmer than before now.

After the gladiators raised their heads, he reassured them with a smile. Then he reached out a hand for Rebbeca to grab onto as she stood up.

"There is no need for such courtesy, benefactor." She said even as she held onto it and stood, wiping her wet eyes once and for all. "I am not a weak little girl."

She put her helmet back on as he gave her a bat on her back. He waved at the gladiators one last time and left the area, walking back to the waiting room with Rebecca by his side.

* * *

"Hey, where did you go?!"

When he returned to the waiting room, Boa Marigold leaped at him. She lifted him up by his waist, gently, and looked into his masked face with a frown.

"I eagerly came back, only to find you were gone."

"Because you wanted a kiss?"

"Yes."

"Hancock will be mad."

"...!"

Marigold flinched, opening her mouth to say anything, but then closed it again.

Both Sandersonia and Marigold had a terrible crush on him, however, the first girl held onto her emotions because of Hancock, their oldest sister. Marigold, however, was a little less giving. Maybe because she was slightly spoiled, being the youngest sister and all that, but she wanted him despite knowing Hancock wanted him too.

"I... I see. I am sorry."

Marigold put him down with a sigh held back, crossing her arm and looking at the arena below. Her focus was not on the match or course, it was clear from her sour expression.

Hashirama didn't like this. Was his presence creating disharmony within the three sisters? Not that all three of them were pretty, perhaps the two younger sisters, or at least Marigold, felt unjust that Hancock received all sorts of benefits, while having suffered not as much as a slave. Hashirama didn't like this development.