[50] The Compromised Acceptance

Chapter 50: The Compromised Acceptance

The night was spent on the ship for the crew since Cricket's house wasn't big enough for them all to sleep.

Hashirama brought the Sail of Ohara to this side of Jaya, from the spot it was docked before on the other side.

Everyone had their own room, so the night was spent quietly. Though Vivi did sleep with Karoo since the duck was particularly mad at her for leaving it on the ship. It had spent the entire day in hunger.

When the sunlight declared the coming of a new day, Hashirama woke up. As the captain, he took it upon himself to wake the crew up.

He took a quick 10 minutes to finish his morning needs and then walked out of his room and into the deck. Unsurprisingly, he already found Robin awake and reading a book as she sat against the border of the ship.

"Good morning. What are you reading?"

Stretching his arms, Hashirama asked. He peeked over, but she quickly covered the title of the book with her hand.

"Morning, and confidential."

"You can't be serious."

Hashirama crackled up in amusement. He turned to look around the deck.

"Anybody else up yet?"

Robin put her book away, not wanting to take a chance with him, and nodded. Hashirama was surprised at that. Both of the other two girls went through quite a lot, so he wasn't expecting any of them to be up by yet.

"Who-"

Just as Hashirama opened his mouth, the door to the kitchen popped open and the blonde Mikita walked out while wearing an apron.

"Oh-! Hashirama's up. Looks like you were right Robin, to tell me to make extra."

Mikita showed the tray in her hand that held four cups of tea. She walked closer to place the tray down, and Robin took a cup right away. Hashirama mimicked her, while Mikita too did the same.

"I am surprised."

Taking a satisfied sip of the tea, Hashirama nodded.

"Why?"

"I didn't think you'll live up to your promise, even after I welcomed you as a proper member."

Mikita scoffed jokingly hearing that. She dragged her ass to sit beside him and leaned her head on his shoulder.

"You're misunderstanding. Since you welcomed me properly, I won't clean the shi, behh. I just did the tea because I have been doing it for a while now for Robin."

"Is that so?"

Hashirama smiled and let her rest her head. It felt nice.

The group of three continued chatting while sipping tea, while Robin kept staring at their romantically close forms. A minute later, Robin hesitated before sighing and looking at both of them.

"By the way, you two. I know... what you did yesterday on Bellamy Pirates' ship."

Mikita almost choked while Hashirama continued sipping tea as if she said nothing out of the ordinary. With a blush, Mikita started to speak gibberish. Hashirama just stayed silent.

"Well, looks like this guy isn't surprised. Let me guess, that too was within your expectation?"

Robin asked with narrowed eyes as Hashirama nearly choked laughing.

"Haha. You're overestimating me. I am not some mastermind. It's pure coincidence, as I happened to have activated Observation Haki just at that moment. At that moment I happened to notice you peeking. Did you enjoy it?"