[127] The Tectonic Cleaver

If you want to read the next 20 chapters right away, visit my Patreon.

Link: Patreon.com/Master4thWall

Chapter 127: The Tectonic Cleaver

"Haaaaah!"

A series of explosions left Nami's palms, as she leaped backward and took a position. Her left hand formed a circle and her right palm pushed behind it, and from the other side of the circle burst out a beam of fire, a concentration of explosion that ushered toward her enemy.

Her enemy was shaken from her previous barrage and couldn't dodge as the beam just went through his chest, creating a fist-sized hole there. Gladius gawked at Nami as his mask overflowed with blood. He staggered and then fell face first, dead.

Nami fell on her butt as well, huffing and panting. She was tired and injured, as she held her left hand with her right. She was more "immune" to explosions than he was, while he was somewhat more versatile. But ultimately, as he didn't have immunity to the fire aspect of explosions, that was all it took for her to take him out.

Nami smiled slowly, even as she fell on her back and closed her eyes for a bit. It was true that she murdered someone just now... but it didn't feel bad. After killing Arlong, she didn't feel that killing necessarily made one evil. Moreover, these people were Arlong in human skin, for they had taken over this country and were oppressing it just like Arlong was with her village. Death was a fitting end for this man and the ones above him.

"Let's get back to work."

ami pushed herself up, letting out a little grunt. She needed to join back with her crew, the commotion from the city was louder now after Doffy did the bounty announcement.

So Nami rushed back to the city, finding herself in the middle of a cluster fuck where enemies attacked her and her friends, and they fought back with all they had.

A gladiator girl in pink and gold moved around the battlefield like a white slime, hardening when needed and going soft at intervals, as she took down dozens at one go. While Beidou was also there to cut down enemies with her fish sword.

....

Nami's battle was glanced at by the flying Hashirama who was going toward the half-destroyed tower. She had killed someone, and indeed people could die in this world.

For all he knew, he might find Hancock's corpse in the tower. He spent a month with her, and although he hadn't done anything with her in that month, no touching and all, so that he didn't get in trouble with Vivi and Mikita, he did get closer to her.

Hashirama didn't like her at one point because of her attitude, but after she began to treat him like the king of her world, it was hard to not like her. If he found her bloody and broken at the hands of King, he didn't know if he could control himself.

Hashirama shot forward.

* * *

"What's going on here?! These bastards!"

Vivi yelled as her nunchucks clashed with the sword of a Beast Pirates member, and at the same time deflecting a kick from the long-legged guy from the colosseum.

"Dammit, why are they fighting against us just because of some money?! Hashirama saved them when they were turned into toys, and now they are doing this?!"

"Vivi, back up here please. I'll take care of your ones." While Vivi complained, Robin called for backup.

Robin was against someone out of her league, Don Chinjao, who had come after Beidou after he was released as a toy. There was nobody other than Vivi in the crew who could deal with him, so despite her internal complaints Vivi kicked around and switched places with Robin, who was riding Karoo still and messing with people's necks.