[59] In Search of a Ginger (3)

Chapter 59: In Search of a Ginger (3)

Loyd had nearly choked when he heard that name before it registered in his head that it wasn't 'Whitebeard' but instead some random guy named 'Brownbeard'.

Ripping off the four Emperors' titles wasn't actually that rare in the Grandline. There were Blue Headed Pirates, the Insect Pirates, and the recently popular, Mid Mom Pirates.

Among the three, only the Mid Mom Pirates were not a corrupted crew. In truth, their crew was called The Crux, and it was just the people who dubbed it the 'Mid Mom Pirates' due to the Captain's motherly nature. They were a crew that valued music and adventure.

So it wasn't that surprising that there was a Brownbeard in the town. What was surprising, and outright shocking even, was that there was a Brownbeard in Loyd's town. Why was a Grandline Pirate here?

Loyd walked with his executives toward the west coast. He could see the fire and smoke of destruction from here, they were closing upon the enemy.

The girl, Nami, was right with them, too. Loyd wouldn't usually bring a weak person like her to a dangerous battlefield, but he was confident that he could keep her safe. The reason he was bringing her was that he wanted her to see that he was strong. That'd help her trust him with the issue she was facing.

Loyd was confident in taking down Brownbeard.

'I recall he had 50 million berries of a bounty... That should be within my reach.'

Loyd knew bounty wasn't the best way to evaluate a person's strength, a lesson taught by Dragon to all his subordinates, but it helped.

"Ah..."

The group finally reached the area. Everyone stopped at their feet seeing the destruction caused. Buildings were upturned, walls were broken, and a fire was caught on multiple rides. People were hurt, bleeding even, and some might have died too.

Nami shook and flinched at the sight. She seemed scared to be here and was confused about why she was bought here. Did they plan to use her as a meat shield if things went rough?

While she contemplated, Loyd found the culprit. His Observation Haki had run over the area to find the bastards who caused the people pain.

Although Loyd didn't have Armament Haki, he had Observation. There was no point in mentioning Conqueror's Haki, after all, how many people had it?

"Guard, stay here with the girl. The other four follow me, we are taking them out."

Loyd said in a serious voice and rushed forward. Four executives followed him while the guard stayed back to watch over Nami.

* * *

Brownbeard is a very large, overweight man who was 22'8" feet in height. As his name suggested, he possessed a long brown beard that was kept in three distinct braids, as well as a mustache.

He wore a large coat and a cape, and he wielded a large sword. He had come to this side of the sea after being chased by the Whitebeard Pirates due to a random encounter. Naturally, they didn't take his name peacefully and began attacking him.

It was purely luck that allowed Brownbeard to flee from there, with his crew intact too. He would enter the Grandline again, but later. He planned to take a vacation for now, on the weakest sea, the East Blue.

Luckily, he happened to find this very rich and flourishing island. Filled with riches rare even in Grandline, he planned to take over the place and make it his own.