[81] The Blackcliff Slasher (1)

Chapter 81: The Blackcliff Slasher (1)

Hashirama wasn't as bad with directions as a certain swordsman, but he wasn't the best either. Even inside a forest, he could get lost.

Thankfully this was an island of sharp shape, so just bringing out his wings and flying up to see the directions were good enough.

"There, that way."

Hashirama created a Wood-Clone and patted its back, pointing to the north side where the ships were docked right now.

The Clone-rama nodded while all the Crux crewmates stared at him and the main, their eyes gawking as they stared.

"What sort of devil fruit did you eat, anyway?" asked Beidou, looking at him with a suspicious gaze that Hashirama replied with a mere smile.

"Well, follow me. There shouldn't be any enemies since we came clearing it, but if there are any, stick closer to me so that I can keep you safe." The Clone-rama walked away while motioning his hand to get the group moving.

"Ah..."

The Crux crew looked at their captain, and their captain sighed with a shake of her head. With a shrug of her shoulders, she gestured for her crew to follow the clone.

* * *

The large group was gone, and around ten minutes later Hashirama gained a shot of memories from the clone that the mission was a success. The clone created another clone and left it on the Sail of Ohara, to keep things safe in the wildest case those pirates try anything funny.

"Yeah, they've been safely escorted. We can start our search now."

Hashirama, sitting on a tree branch, said to the girls beneath him.

"May I know exactly what we're looking for, Mid Mom?"

"Don't call me that, and yes, you may. It's just the personal possession of me and my crewmates that were confiscated by bandits. Mainly my weapon, so to speak."

"So we just need to find some bandits? All right, Mid Mom. But damn, you got done badly by bandits? How weak."

"Why is your captain like this?"

Captain Beidou turned to the crewmates and asked, to which the group shrugged.

Hashirama grabbed a new leaf from the tree he was sitting on and jumped down. He then chose a random path and started walking, while the group blinked and got up, realizing he was leaving, and quickly following him.

Hashirama brought the leaf near his lips and started using it as a Leaf Flute, playing the 'lalalalala~' from [Without Me – Eminem].

Beidou stared at his back with a complicated gaze, knowing how nice he was since he did save her and her crew, but perhaps he was too easygoing and naïve for the grand seas.

If only she knew. Though perhaps it was better that she did not.

* * *

The next few hours, the exploration was pretty smooth. There were a lot of beasts and weird plants that attacked them, and Hashirama let the girls take care of them while he rested on top of Karoo.

Anytime he came across an exotic tree, he would send a thread of chakra from his feet and touch the plant. However, if the plant was big enough, he'd get down from on top of Karoo and touch the plant.

Scanning a tree didn't take much time. The biological formation of the trees was easily understood by Hashirama's body, stored in his biological system to be produced at any time.