[88] The New Belt (2)

Chapter 88: The New Belt (2)

"The Senju Pirates, it says."

Tsunade couldn't help but scoff and grumble as she saw the stupid newspaper.

"What is that stupid bastard doing, calling his crew that?"

Tsunade's warship was sailing across the sea of Paradise, and she was standing near the edge of the deck, a cigarette on her lips as she read the news.

This was stupid. The first thing he did after coming out of a two-month seclusion, was to free several stranded islanders. It was a good thing, a great thing actually since there were even royalties within the people he saved. This could help his case and get him enrolled in the Marines without any punishments.

However, he just had to introduce himself as Hashirama Senju, the captain of the Senju Pirates, to all the people. So when all those grateful people reached their homes, the name of his crew rose to high peaks, his reputation growing.

It wasn't that bad, to be honest, but still, now he had the label of "Pirate" to his name. More so, aligning with the infamous Senju Pirates of the pre-Pirate-King-era. That wasn't a good thing. It would be hard to get him rolled into the Marines if people knew he was the grandchild of the ruthless Tobirama Senju. They wouldn't trust the Marines.

"Well, he can always become a Warlord, right? It seems like a simple solution."

Tsunade turned to the side and found Marianne standing beside her. However, it wasn't Marianne who spoke. It was the girl beside Marianne, Marine Captain Kujaku. She was the granddaughter of Vice-Admiral Tsuru.

Amidst the trio: Garp, Senkogu, and Tsuru, only the last managed to discipline their grandchildren enough to not give in to Piracy. Despite joining the Marines not that long ago, she was already a Captain and moving up fast.

She was stationed under Tsunade just recently, as Tsuru deemed it fitter than to keep her under herself.

"True. However, neither I nor he likes Warlords. We have bad blood with them."

Tsunade took her time and replied. She turned her head back to the newspaper and sighed.

"He was seen on an island near the calm belt a few days ago. We are approaching it fast, but at this rate, I am pretty sure he is gone."

"If I had to guess, I would say he is trying to get into the Calm Belt. He did vanish last time, and it's guessed that he was in the other Calm Belt within his seclusion period. The question is how does he survive in the Belts, and why does he even visit them?"

Tsunde looked at Marianne who spoke and thought over her reply. A moment later, she shared her guess.

"He has... wood powers. In a wooden ship, he is nearly invisible even if a dozen sea kings attack him from under the water. That's how he survives if I have to guess. As for why he is visiting the Belts, I am as clueless as you."

Kujaku smiled and said: "You're saying your brother is not only handsome but mysterious too? What a fascinating little boy you have, Vice-Admiral."

"Watch what you say, Kujaku."

Tsunade tilted her head to the side, causing the smoke of her cigarette to cover her face.

"He is off-limits. Then again, it would be rather amusing to see your whip against him. I will bet my money on him, though."

Kujaku giggled. "You nearly had me scared there, Vice-Admiral. But you must be joking to say a little boy would come out on top, against a Devil-Fruit user that makes her sadistic. I suppose we will see."