[158] What Year Is It?

Chapter 158: What Year Is It?

There was a soft hum nearby, as my eyes fluttered under dark green light. Opening them, I found myself blinking at a ceiling unrecognizable.

"Huh..." I slowly pushed myself up, slightly surprised at how much it took from me just to do that, a lingering feeling of weakness in my arms.

"Well this doesn't look nice," I yawned as I said that. Looking around me, I realized the room I was in was terribly small. At least, it wasn't endless hallways. This was not the maze, we've escaped it.

'How long has it been?' I tried to get an answer to that by looking around, trying to look for something that'd help me.

This was an old house, from the looks of it, and this room had a bed in the middle where I was lying, and a load of junk laid around. There were empty cans of food, as well as cassettes and broken music players. There was a lot of old technology laid around.

"What is this place, damn," I yawned one more time and got off the bed, careful to not step on any of those things.

I walked out of the room to gently push the slightly opened door that was leaking a deep, green light inside. The door parted with an echoing screech, and a living room opened in front of me. It was as old and used as my room, if not worse.

No, the living room was far worse. If the bedroom was dirty, this was a sewer.

"Damn," I scratched my back as I let out another yawn. That made me blink. "Huh. Aren't I yawning too much?"

I felt weak too. Weird, how much chakra do I have left?

I closed my eyes and concentrated, and a grin stretched my lips as I opened them again. "Huh, 40%? That's weird, how did it increase?"

Eh, who cares? I ain't gonna look the gift horse in the mouth.

Instead, I was curious why this place was so empty. Where are the girls?

"Anyone there?" I called loudly but got no response. So I began to walk around the place and kept calling. "Sis? Viv?!"

There was no response. That's weird.

...Did they really leave an unconscious person alone in this haunted house? How very considerate of them.

"Wow, alright." I shrugged and decided to walk out of the house. I was curious about where this green light was coming from, it's like the sun was suddenly green.

I found the main gate, which was shut tightly. Two metal doors parted together. It wasn't anything as hard as the one that was blocking the 'Boss Room', and rather had a button that I pressed and it began to slowly open on its own.

"Huh, neat. At least something inside this house works—...."

My words caught in my throat.

"Holy... shit."

The doors slid open to reveal a world beyond, snatching the breath from my lungs. My heart skipped a beat as my eyes tried to make sense of the sprawling... cityscape before me.

[Image Here]