[30] Just Hand Me Over...! (1)

Chapter 30: Just Hand Me Over...! (1)

A sad person. That's what Nico Robin was.

Trying so hard to just live, not only for her own sake but for the sake of the entire Ohara whose will she still carried.

To live, she did horrendous things, teaming up with villains, while still maintaining certain lines that she never crossed...

Yet, things never went well for her.

"W-what do we do?!" Robin shouted in horror and desperation.

She was in the arms of Hashirama who ran; his footsteps filling the halls of Rain Dinner while Robin started to speak shakily.

"There is a crowd outside, they saw us with the King, we can't just run outside like this! They will stop us, suspicious that we did something to the King– otherwise, why else will we be running? And even if that doesn't happen, we will be on everyone's attention if we run like this through the gate!"

"L-let's say we manage to go out without attracting much attention, somehow. Even then, it's not like the city is small, we can't leave the borders by running. By then, the Marines might as well warrant a closure for the entire city...!"

Robin kept spitting out her worries, mostly talking to herself, as she cursed her luck. Why did the Marines come so early? Why did she even come to this city? She should have left for Nanohana port right from the beginning!

"Please be quiet now. Your voice will attract attention." Hashirama patted her head twice and continued running.

While hunting for food within the building, Hashirama and Mikita roamed around quite a bit. Hashirama knew a few backdoors; the back was the only option since the Marines were coming from the front.

'Problem is Robin's right. People are circling the entire building like ants around an anthill.' Hashirama's mind raced and he gritted his teeth. 'Fuck it. Some might get injured, but there is no other way.'

Hashirama ran to the basement floor of the building, and there he popped up four clones. Thankfully, his headache was gone from the earlier incident, so he could make clones without much worry.

"Earthquake. Not too strong." Hashirama ordered three, who nodded. "Fourth, you with me."

Three clones moved in three directions, clasping their hands and bringing about large vines that tore through the ground. As this was the underground floor, the street was above it, and giant vines growing under the ground caused a small earthquake.

Hashirama barely heard the sounds of yells and was sure the crowd would begin to disperse now. He was running to the open path that led outside, and he threw Robin into the arms of his 4th clone right before coming out, keeping up the motion of the run while he clasped his hands.

When the group came out to light, Hashirama had already cast a Jutsu on himself. The Transformation Jutsu; turning himself into an old man with long white hair.

The clone threw Robin back into the Main's arms and then dispersed into thin air.

The Transformation Jutsu was one of the common Jutsus in Naruto Verse; something that Hashirama self-made in here. Without that, his Wood Clones would just look like wooden puppets, not his copies.

Sadly, due to the lack of Hand Seals and therefore not a proper understanding of the technique, forms that were too different from his own used up a lot more chakra. So he was using an older form of himself than a different one entirely.

Hashirama ran through the gate, amidst the commotion that was happening in the crowd, and faded within it with the hooded Robin in his arms.

* * *

The three clones in the basement dispersed themselves after drying the vines they created and leaving no trace behind. The Main received the memories, and by then he was already far from the Rain Dinner.

"...You're good at this," Robin was far calmer now as she heaved a sigh. "A bit too much for a normal 16-year-old."

"Well, maybe I am not normal." Running, Hashirama chatted with her with a nervous smile. "Anyhow, I already have a plan on how to save you. I am... honestly not sure if this will work since the Marine officer who came is a Vice-Admiral and has Observation Haki. But I have to try regardless."

"Observation Haki? What's tha-" Robin asked with a frown as Hashirama twisted on his path and ran into a road that clearly didn't lead to the exit. "W-wait, where are we going? I thought we were leaving the city?"

"I'll be wanted if I flee like this," Hashirama scoffed. "-Lo and Behold, the Demon Child has an accomplice...! Odds are that he also can read Poneglyphs. At this point, who knows how many people know that? Just to be safe, the World Government has decided to send a buster call to take out Alabasta.- That would be breaking next tomorrow if I flee."

"Plan is," Hashirama jumped in front of a hotel, and with chakra strengthening his legs he leaped years high and entered the third floor through an open window.

"Wha-" inside the room, Mikita, who was dressing her hair in front of a mirror, wearing a towel, flinched and took a step back. "What the hell?!"

"The plan is," Hashirama continued his speech with Robin. "You stay with Mikita here. I will... try to take care of things with the Marines. In the worst case where my plan fails, and I get captured with you two, we will discuss an escape plan on the marine ship."

Hashirama dropped Robin to her feet and turned around to leave. He was about to jump off the window, but Robin yanked him by the hand.

"What now?"

"Listen," Robin looked deep into his eyes. "I don't... I don't like this. I know you want to fulfill your end of the deal, and I am really grateful for it, but I have a... better idea compared to... whatever you're about to do. If you fail, we get captured anyway. And you don't sound that confident about succeeding. Then, the Buster Call will happen anyway. So let's not... let's not do this."

"...."

Robin grabbed both his shoulders, her lips quivering. "You know about Saul, so you must know about what happened to Ohara. Listen, I don't want to see that happen to this place... or any place, really. Just hand me over to them. You are already the hero of the country, so you can put this to your achievements too. The one who captured the Devil Child."

Robin's expression was complicated, teary, and sad.

Hashirama opened his mouth, about to reassure her. However... no word came out of his mouth.

**

**

**

Master4thWall Note: Didn't think people would suggest killing Croc and his team, when a Vice-Admiral renowned enough to surprise Hashirama was here. What's his answer gonna be when they ask why he killed imprisoned enemies? Even if he made a believable answer, he will still be pulled to the base, which might not be a good development for his sister's recruitment.

Wish to read chapters ahead of here? Visit my Patreøn.

Link: Patreøn.com/Master4thWall