[129] The Final Act (2)

Chapter 129: The Final Act (2)

The battle below in the city was a constant session of ups and downs. The Senju team was winning for now, but the tides could take an abrupt turn whenever. Ultimately, everyone realized this war wouldn't stop until a winner came out in the upper levels.

"Incredible powers you have!"

In the high sky, King the Wildfire wasn't holding back anything as he went all out against Tsunade. He wanted to finish this woman quickly and murder her brother next; King hadn't felt this level of rage in so long, his precious wings were cut off.

Unfortunately, Tsunade Senju wasn't weak either. It was true, she didn't show any signs of Advanced Conqueror's Haki, but she sure made up for it with her unusual powers. He saw her perform a (weak) version of Garp's Galaxy Impact, so he expected this.

Still, it was unusual. Her devil fruit powers were quite strange and vast.

Boom!

The air exploded in a thunderous sound as the sky was rattled with fireworks. It was daytime yet the fireworks were bright. Her own fire clashed with King's to cast a light over Dressrosa.

In hindsight, King's should be stronger. He had clashed with Fire Fist Ace in the past when that guy invaded Onigashima; there, while Ace was certainly more versatile, his heat output didn't surpass King's fire. In that case, Tsunade Senju's fire should have been much weaker than him, since she isn't a real Logia User, but a paramecia one which gave her multiple elements. The sheer versatility of so many elements should have made her direct output weaker.

Yet, she was matching him just fine. It was probably due to the odd energy that she had flowing through her body; in fact, the black marks that spread from the diamond in her forehead, seemingly a Seal of some sort that she released just earlier, boosted the energy too. Still, her fruit was unusual too. Such a strong paramecia, it could rival Gura-Gura no Mi if graded.

"Is it a Paramecia at all?"

"None of your business."

Still, King's fire was just a bit better. When they first clashed, he could overpower her fire, but now that she had let go of the Seal on her forehead, it was a bit close. Even then, his fire was better by just a little. Sadly, that didn't help much when she also had Ice and Wind powers.

Actually, none of those were as concerning as her physical abilities.

She was strong before, but with the Seal undone, she was a unit of a different caliber. She was-

"Die."

Just when King began to think again, Tsunade slammed her fist on his chin. Her large fist was clad in spiked ice, an aura of Advanced Armament Haki around it, as she slammed her fist against his face. A burst of Chakra leaped out of the punch, as did an explosion of Wind, and all this combination gave birth to a concentrated variation of...

"[Galaxy Impact]!"

Instead of flattening a town to dust, this concentrated variation of the technique was much more grotesque. It was designed to be used against giants, who would have been turned into a puddle of flesh and blood the moment it hit them.

That's not what happened to King, sadly, but even then his face was carved inward as the punch landed. He was propelled through the air by the force of the impact, as he went and hit the center of the Bird Cage.

The next scene was shocking as Birdcage was gauged up from the ground and flown away as King's body clashed against its root and pushed it back into the sky. A terrible screeching sound was made by the strings moving, as it was lifted up in the air and towards the sea. Anyone else would have been split into a million slices, but King was fine, even as he lifted the entire cage away and into the air.

Tsunade was just about to follow when she noticed King pause in the air. The two of them had a second of stare-down just as the sky brightened. Both turned their heads to the side and saw the scene as dozens of mini suns popped up in the air, rushing towards the Castle of Dressrosa next and leaving it as a barren plain.

"..."

King turned around and flew away. Far from Dressrosa, and into the sea.

"...Hey, what the hell?! Tsunade turned her head back from the destruction and into the trail of King. "Is he fleeing? Really?!'

She stomped on the air but didn't follow. Even with the Seal of Hundred released, he was too fast when he was taking free flight. She didn't expect him to flee at all.

Seriously, why did these men just run away from her? Though perhaps those little suns played a role this time.

* * *

As King fled, a terrible anger blazed within his heart. What a disappointment he was. He could already Imagine the face Kaido would make when he'd report the situation to him. What a shameless act.

However, one should know when to flee and when to stay. If Kaido was here in the fight, King would fight until his last breath. But Kaido wasn't here, fighting these people wasn't going to be useful at all. Kaido would much appreciate it if he did something else.

The useful action now would be to go to Punk Hazard and take Caesar Clown back to Wano. If Dressrosa was going to fall, then the Marines might go after Caesar too — King couldn't let that clown be taken away since he was the only supplier of all the SMILEs after Doflamingo's fall.

"Next time," King, Alber the Lunarian, made a promise. "I'll get my revenge. Next time, for sure."

* * *

The BirdCage vanished. Everyone in the country of Dressrosa saw it, and everybody wondered if Doflamingo was out for good or not.

King and Tsunade were too high in the air for people to see them properly, but those with Observation Haki did see who took the Birdcage and flew.

"King the Wildfire is losing!" Announced Sai, as he blocked an attack from a member of Beast Pirates. "You guys are done for!" The next attack took down the SMILE user.

"Does anyone know if Doflamingo has been defeated already? It's been a while since we saw him!" A loud yell came from Mikira, who just bodied Machvise.

"We don't know for–" Nico Robin yelled in reply but her voice caught on her throat. She saw as the sky brightened thanks to a dozen suns that turned the Dressrosa Royal Palace into mere vapor. "–Sure?"

"N-NOOOO!" A soul-hurting yell from an old gladiator man, whose eyes seemed to pop out as he pulled the barely remaining hair on his head. "MY CASTLE!!!"

He'd never recover from that financial loss. Only Vivi and the many Royalty from other countries understood the pain in the voice of King Riku the III as the war here began to come to a real conclusion.

**

**

**

If you want to read the next 20 chapters right away, visit my Patreon.

Link: Patreon.com/Master4thWall