[103] Heartbroken (2)

Chapter 103: Heartbroken (2)

The night passed swiftly, with nothing else of concern. Old lady Gloriosa brought them to a few empty rooms in the palace, where they spent the night.

"Before I go, I'll have to remind you to not do anything weird with any girl here. You men lose control at night, so just grab one of your girls if you're unable to hold back. Don't touch anybody from the island, do you understand?"

"Oh, well..."

Hashirama rubbed the back of his head as the old woman narrowed her eyes.

"Hey, what's with that look? I am not some sex beast; you are being sexist."

"Tsk, tsk, right. Goodnight."

After that exchange, Gloriosa left. Luckily they had that when the girls were already in rooms of their own, and he was in a room of his own too. If not, Robin may have busted his lies.

Regardless, Hashirama stretched his arms and then slumped on his bed. He wasn't tired or anything, but he still decided to just sleep so that he could wake up faster. Sadly, that turned out to be a bad idea as he woke up a few hours before the sun rose, due to his need for minimum sleep; making him one of the only ones awake on the entire island.

* * *

An announcement was made inside the palace about the Senju Pirates' stay so that the guards didn't mistake them for intruders. However, only when the day would come would the announcement be made to the entire island. The misunderstandings will be cleared only then.

So Hashirama noted it would be a bad idea if he went outside now, where everyone still thought of him as a criminal. Yet he couldn't just stay locked in his room.

"Sometimes I miss smartphones..."

He was never addicted to such devices, but it did help get rid of boredom when he had nothing else to do.

Yawning, he got up from the bed and made his way outside. He needed to freshen up.

Hashirama walked through the hallways that were dimly lit with lanterns and candles on the wall. This place had a cozy feeling, he must admit. He was someone who had lived in the harshest of poverty in his first life, but later on in life he had experienced the pinnacle of lavishness in seven-star hotels, staying on for months at a time to spy on somebody before killing them. He had also basically lived as an Alabasta Royal. Yet, this atmosphere still felt rich and relaxing.

Hashirama hummed, having no idea about where the washroom was, yet not showing any sign of worry. He walked around for about ten minutes before he found it. He really wished the washroom wasn't backdated.

Luckily, his hope was lived up to. This world had strange technology; this island in particular followed a theme close to Ancient China from back on Earth. However, as a Warlord of the Sea, Boa Hancock obviously had access to the best things this world had to offer. So it would be stupid of her if her living quarters didn't have the best thing the planet has to offer.

At first, Hashirama was just planning to wash his face. But he reckoned he hadn't showered yesterday, so he filled the classy tub and jumped within.

For the next half an hour, Hashirama was submerged in water, relaxed.

Though sadly his brain had to make him worry, reminding him of Hancock's face from a few hours ago, how she had run off and locked herself in the room. He was sure this would lead to the Love Heat scenario from the cannon timeline, but he wasn't sure if he had a solution for that.

Boa Hancock was a proud woman, and she may be grateful to him, but that didn't mean she was guaranteed to give up her pride and self-respect to love him when he had other lovers. Not one but two. Today may be an annoying day after sunrise.