[120] Pure Dominance (2)

Chapter 120: Pure Dominance (2)

Conqueror's Haki was rare. Not as rare as people would think; the ratio was close to one in a million, though the majority of these people never even got to unlock it.

Amidst those few who did unlock it, the lethality of their Conqueror's Burst grew as they did. Usually, it meant the older they got the stronger the burst got until they would get too old to maintain their strength. Age was what increased one's willpower, after all.

So more often than not, a young man's Conqueror Burst would pale in comparison when compared to someone older than them. As always, there were exceptions to that rule, but in those cases, it meant the young man was very strong in ways other than just willpower.

Looking down at the arena, Doflamingo saw one such young lad.

"That was a powerful burst. I doubt even Yamato can let out such a lethal burst."

King the Wildfire was the first to break the silence that had fallen upon the room. He didn't look angry at the black-winged man anymore, but rather curious.

"I wonder who that is, actually. That level of willpower isn't common amongst normal people; he may have a fun background."

Charlotte Smoothie listened to King speak and then added, "I'd want to recruit him if he isn't affiliated with some other Emperor already."

King looked at her with a challenging gaze. "If he is a Zoan-user as Doflamingo predicts, then it'd be us who would recruit him."

"Isn't it presumptuous of you two that you are assuming he would join you at all?" It was Tsunade Senju who said that, earning a raised eyebrow from Doflamingo while the two Yonko Commanders blinked. Tsunade then added with an odd tone as she stared down at the arena. "To me, he appears to be a very... naughty and disobedient little boy, so I don't think he'd serve under anybody. Conquerors don't usually join under others, even if they are Emperors, you know? For example, how many of you in this room are conquerors?"

"..."

"..."

King and Smoothie fell silent, frowning at her, while Doflamingo desperately held on to his life by holding back a laugh. Boa Hancock, however, let her lungs free as she broke into a snicker.

"Two Yonko Commanders, yet neither of you has the Supreme King Haki. I did hear my fellow Warlord Doflamingo has it, and I of course possess it as well." Boa Hancock said and looked at Tsunade. "Could it be you have it too? I won't be surprised if you do. But your point is still valid, even if you don't."

Tsunade shrugged. "Heh, maybe. We'll see if we ever 'spar'. I'd rather keep you guys on the edge until then."

A cold air brushed around the room, King and exchanged glances with Doflamingo, while Smoothie sat unaware. He chuckled and shook his head.

"Indeed, we shall see then."

* * *

Hashirama didn't let go of Rebecca's waist after he canceled his burst, and she was very thankful for it because she knew she would fall on her knees if he let go. So while being held by his strong arm, she looked at the arena with wide eyes.

"What the... hell?"

She couldn't help but curse, despite the fact that it was bad manners to do so.

"Here I was thinking I'd clear the numbers and..."

For a moment, her whole world was turned upside down and then uplifted. This was a good thing. That was Conqueror's Haki, and Rebecca felt a little shy to admit it but it was something she had tried unlocking a hundred times. She did so many things while in her cell, yelling names and holding her breath, in the hope that maybe a burst would come out. So that she would be able to match Doflamingo!