[38] The Birthday Girl (1)

Chapter 38: The Birthday Girl (1)

"You are really interesting," Robin said. "I thought you were special, having defeated a Warlord at the age of 16, but this revelation is mind-blowing."

"Stop saying that, it's the 4th time you said it in the last five minutes." Hashirama reached out a hand that she accepted, and he pulled her up from the stairs that led down to the tomb. "Step back, I'll close the gate."

Robin stepped to the side and Hashirama moved to close the lid-like gate. With a thud, the gate fell on the spot. As it was made of wood, with a layer of ground on the top, it easily faded into the ground, as if it was never there, to begin with.

"When are you going to Wano?" asked Robin when he finished, walking closer to him to face him. "The message said to hurry."

"It did, but nothing too bad should happen before the year 1524." Meaning two years from now. "There are other prophecies similar to this, and I assume they were all made by the same guy. Anyway, I am not saying I will laze around for two years, but there is no need to panic just yet."

"How do you know that there are other prophecies?"

"Last time I checked a property doesn't ask questions. Shut up."

"....So are you going to fulfill that message's request?" with her arms crossed, head tilted, Robin asked as her eyes kept staring at him with curiosity. "Fascinating..."

"I mean the message said 'planet' not just 'civilization'. So assuming it means the planet will be destroyed, like an explosion or something, I wouldn't survive myself. I don't want to die, and neither do I want death to claim anyone I am close to. So yep, I am going to fulfill the request." Hashirama explained with a worried frown and then muttered something that Robin couldn't hear. "But to think Gear 5 cannot defeat that 'Hand' person..."

That, too. Who was that? Hand That Brings Ruin – was that Imu? For now, it was safe to assume that's the case since Hashirama recalled how Imu once marked an 'X' on a map and the island under that mark got erased right then and there. Maybe that's their power, that is initiated by their hand, and therefore that nickname?

"Huh? Did you say something?"

"I said your curious gaze and soft smile are turning me on, you better stop," Hashirama said as she immediately blinked and took a step back. "Anyhow, about what I was saying, don't worry about Wano yet. We have a mission at hand, and we better complete it first. Mikita is in danger, and we should be leaving right about now."

"Oh," Robin blinked and suddenly recalled why she was in Alabasta, to begin with. A frightened expression took over her face. "Oh my god, that's right-! When will we leave?"

"I am sending a clone with you," Hashirama said as he tapped the ground with his feet and a wooden copy of himself rose from his shadow, quickly taking his colors too by the time it was above ground. "You're not going to Nanohana, we won't leave from there since Jaya is opposite that direction. So we will go to the other end of the country, to a stranded seashore. The clone will make a wooden ship for us to use."

"...A clone? You're not coming?" Robin looked confused.

"I will," Hashirama sighed and pointed at the royal palace in the distance. "But I have a potentially angry princess' birthday to attend. Today's the 31st, her birthday is on the 2nd of February. I can only leave after that."

"But wouldn't we be late then?"

"Yes, but the time limit is four days. My ship will be faster than any other since I will be using my powers to make it move, so we will be able to reach Jaya in time." Hashirama explained and Robin looked troubled. "...Listen, Mikita will not die, Bellamy should be really careful about this; he will not take a chance that'd make you not come. We will reach there before the time limit ends, trust me."