[137] Trying to Shoot Two Birds With One Stone (2)**

Chapter 137: Trying to Shoot Two Birds With One Stone (2)**

Now that her country had been freed, even if a part of her brain was unable to accept if this was reality or a dream, Rebecca knew her duty as a princess would return with a lot of responsibilities and very little time for herself. She just hoped in the midst of her busy days starting tomorrow, she wouldn't miss Hashirama's departure. She had yet to properly thank him for all his help.

She had been working tirelessly to free her country after years of turmoil. Now, all of her work had earned fruition thanks to a single man. He even gifted her such a Logia devil fruit! That was clearly a proposal of some sort... she hoped.

– Click.

The door to her room opened and she stepped inside, her hand moving on the dark walls and turning on the light. She closed the door and then turned around to crash into her bed. She was in bad need of sleep right now.

"Hi."

Rebecca's pink lips parted in surprise as she almost jumped out of her skin at the sudden voice; just as she turned around, she faced a man sitting on her bed, playing with a flower vase. Their eyes met, and he put the vase back on the bedside table.

Rebecca stared at the figure of Hashirama sitting on her bed. She was taken aback by his sudden appearance and the fact that he had managed to enter her chambers without being detected, without her aunt knowing.

"What, not gonna greet me back?" He said as Rebecca gulped; a young man invading the room of a young woman in the middle of the night sounded dangerous.

Staring into his dimly lit green eyes, Rebecca couldn't help but feel drawn to him; she had seen his bravery and strength, she knew if he had come here with bad intentions, as she already knew he was a womanizer, she wouldn't be able to resist.

'Do I want to resist, though...' that thought came to Rebecca's head, and she slapped herself out of her daze. Dangerous.

"What are you doing here, Ra? Or should I call you Hashirama? You lied to me about your name..." she said, trying to sound casual despite the pounding of her heart.

"You can call me whatever, princess." He said, hopping off the bed and walking to her. "Hmm, should I call you Pink Princess? Or Love Princess? Vivi would be mad if I called you the same nickname as hers, even though, naturally, a name like 'princess' isn't unique to her. She is cute like that."

Rebecca held back a frown. She held no hate towards Vivi Nefertari; in fact, she had seen her fight bravely for Dressrosa. Still, she felt a little jealous and uncomfortable at his words describing Vivi so passionately.

Hashirama stood over her, his muscular frame towering above her. He leaned down and looked into her eyes, breaking her daze. "So, how've you been since I last saw you? I think I managed to heal all your wounds back then, or did I miss any?"

Rebecca's jealousy vanished as she smiled up at him, their faces just an inch away from each other. "No. Your hands worked its magic, Hashirama."

"I am glad,"

"You shouldn't be here, though. Aunty, father, and grandfather will be mad if they see you." She reminded him, walking around him to sit down on the bed.

"Are you?" He followed suit and sat beside her. "Are you mad at me?"

She hesitated and then leaned her head on his shoulder. "You think?"

"Seems like not," he replied and then put an arm around her waist. Rebecca was startled as he pulled her closer and kissed her gently on the lips; she felt a shiver run through her body.