[20] Crocodile's Rage

Chapter 20: Crocodile's Rage

[A Few Days Ago]

In this world of Pirates and Marines, exists humans with the power to turn into natural elements of destruction on their will alone. They were one of the lucky ones to have eaten a Logia Devil Fruit.

Sir Crocodile was one such person, with the power to turn into Sand at will, thanks to his Logia: Sand-Sand Fruit. With that, he had the ability to suck the moisture out of the air, and out of any living being he touches as well. This set of powers, a decade ago, had made him one of the most dangerous Pirates in the seas—and he would have continued to be that way if Whitebeard hadn't put him in his place.

Later, Sir Crocodile started to plan a coup d'etat on this country that caught his eye. The Kingdom of Alabasta, a desert country that would make him the strongest within. Being the user of the Sand Logia, he was practically invincible while fighting in the terrain of Alabasta.

For the last decade and a half, that's why, he has been pushing pieces of chess from one place to another within the country, with the final goal of taking down the King off his throne.

Everything was going well, until one day these Senju bastards came to this country—ruining everything that Crocodile had been building with his own hand.

For the last eight years, Crocodile was on the edge of his seat, frustrated yet waiting for a perfect opportunity to strike.

At last, he found such an opportunity.

Tsunade Senju, the main culprit behind why this Senju problem hadn't been taken care of yet, was supposed to leave this country for good. From a spy he had within the Royal Palace, he managed to learn of this fact. So naturally, he planned an assault on Hashirama right on the day that Tsunade would leave.

The boy who was the ruin behind all his plans, Hashirama Senju, was finally to be taken care of.

* * *

[Present]

Out of everyone else, Sir Crocodile had sent the two subordinates who had a better match against Hashirama than the others.

Reportedly, Hashirama had fought quite a few thugs in his short life, however though he defeated them and won—based on the skills he showed, he didn't have much battle prowess.

That's why Crocodile didn't see the need to send the best of his troops—more so, since they had other jobs to do—but the ones he did send, should have been enough to obliterate Hashirama.

For his personal fighting powers, he sent Miss Valentine who would have been enough. Miss Valentine, when in her heaviest form, shouldn't take any damage from his base-human-level punches—as she was greatly immune to physical attacks when she increased her weight (otherwise it wouldn't make sense for her to survive her own initiated falls).

As for the possibility that he could use his tree-creation powers offensively, then Hashirama's match would be Mr. Five. The weakness of wood should naturally be Fire—something that Mr. Five could use by creating explosions.

So in all honesty, in a fight between them, it should have been an easy win for the Baroque Works against the 16-year-old Hashirama.

Yet—nothing went right.

Sir Crocodile was on an island near Alabasta, in one of the branches of Baroque Works, as he sat behind a desk while wearing a deadly scowl.

"You better be joking, All Sunday." Crocodile hissed towards the Den Den Mushi kept on his desk, as the snail was taking the features of Nico Robin. "How do you expect me to believe you when you say that Mr. Five and Miss Valentine were defeated and possibly killed by a snotty brat!?"