[5] History of the Senjus

Wish to read chapters ahead of here? Visit my Patreon.

Link: Patreon.com/Master4thWall

———

Chapter 5: History of the Senjus

———

The next day, King Cobra ran to the Senju house after hearing the news. Needless to say he was pretty shocked after witnessing the green vines and trees that stood out from the otherwise sandy area.

He was baffled.

Cobra's mind raced to figure out who caused this— knowing it was either of the Senju siblings, and how he could use this opportunity for the advancement of Alabasta.

The country's currently facing a great catastrophe with the most severe drought in decades. The land was growing too dry for people to cultivate crops or even gather water. At this rate, the country will be in ruin in the upcoming few years.

That problem could easily be fixed if forests suddenly appeared around the entire country, bringing rain clouds from all over the sea and therefore fixing the dry land in a matter of weeks.

Preparing his mind, Cobra went and met Tsunade and Hashirama, and after talking with them for a bit, he was surprised to find that— unlike how he had expected, this wasn't Tsunade's doing. He was speculating that perhaps she had created a medicine that could cultivate trees, given she was a talented doctor, but it seemed to not be the case.

It was Hashirama, the kid, who had supposedly eaten a devil fruit that allowed him to do what he did.

This boy could create trees at will. Just the sheer help that power could provide the Kingdom was incalculable...

Cobra almost wanted to have Vivi marry him to make him chained down to Alabasta on an emotional level. Except he loved his daughter and would never sell her to marry for political reasons. But he damn well didn't hate the idea if Vivi agreed as well. But that's for later, maybe when she's old enough.

For now, he offered something else.

"So let's get this straight. We get the rank of Nobility in exchange for helping the Kingdom by creating forests all around it?" The boy, once again speaking beyond his age, asked as Cobra nodded. "Ahh... no thanks. The rank of nobility doesn't interest me. Though you can treat me like a sort of mercenary, similar to Sir Crocodile, except instead of how he keeps the country safe from pirates, I will keep it safe from drought. Good enough?"

Cobra gulped as he decided what sort of payment the boy would want for this job of "mercenary".

"Well," this time, his older sister spoke, making Cobra a bit more comfortable. "You can just pay us with money, better living quarters, and a personal training centre similar to the Marines. Is that fine enough, Shira?"

Cobra sighed in relief as the boy considered for a moment before nodding.

"Not the worst thing possible."

With that, it was decided that the boy will become the country's ultimate saviour.

* * *

It had been two years since then. Tsunade had successfully become a Doctor, and had a high paycheck too now that the Kingdom was far more stable than the last few years due to Hashirama's magical work.

Hashirama was 10 years old now, and today was his birthday. But that wasn't the most important thing today because his sister had finally decided to tell him about their past.

"So I think it's about time you learn about it, now that you are old enough," Tsunade said, sitting on a couch in front of him with her legs crossed. "Honestly, I would have waited until you were a bit older, but you are very mature for your age— probably due to your prodigal genetics, so I guess it's fine."