[96] Big Trouble (2)

Chapter 96: Big Trouble (2)

In the New World part of the Grandline, the large island that held a city-sized country within itself was as prosperous as ever.

The country of romance, a place that was adorned with whimsical architecture and vibrant flower fields, effervesces life at every corner. Cobblestone streets echoed with cheerful bustle as weird talking toys and humans harmoniously coexisted.

A grand colosseum, the most popular sight of this kingdom, stood tall amidst the quaint houses. In the city, laughter and hushed whispers seeped from bustling cafes, while the royal castle stood in the far, alone and high.

This was Dressrosa, a city marred by unseen shadows, yet brimming with an infectious, resilient spirit.

Former Celestial Dragon, one of the seven Warlords, Donqixoute Doflamingo was on the rooftop of the royal castle as he enjoyed the night breeze hitting his skin.

Under the moonlight, his most trusted man, Trebol, stood by his side. He had just walked here, with a report in his mind.

"Nyeeh, Doffy. The process of the event has been smooth. In fact, we already have received replies from a few of our important guests."

Trebol's report made Doffy grin. That was good news. It was the only news that pleased his ears since the day he learned of Vergo's death.

Vergo was someone Doffy trusted. He trusted everyone in his family, but Vergo was a cut above the rest even then. As a Vice Admiral, he also trusted Vergo's strength. When he provided Vergo with a mission, that mission was considered to be done.

Yet, two months ago, Vergo failed. That man who was so strong, had died at the hands of that stupid woman. A slippery bitch who escaped from death decades ago.

The first thing he did after that was abuse his status to demand an audience with Tsunade. However, when Sengoku and Garp intervened, his angry demand was overlooked. To be fair, it wasn't exactly ignored, rather the agreement was changed a bit.

"Huh? Well, since you wanna meet that girl so much, I will tag along with her. It's been a while since I saw Dressrosa anyway." – was what Garp had said.

Now, Doflamingo was confident in his abilities, but he didn't consider himself arrogant. Marine Hero Garp was not someone he could take on. So, in the end, he had to cancel the meeting.

Doflamingo's heart burned for the next few days. A member of his family was killed, and he didn't even know of the details. Of course, he was in the wrong, and he should be punished for having sent a mole into the Marines, but that part was solved due to his status. He only saw wrong in that woman, Tsunade, and so he wanted her dead.

He wanted her dead after she would beg to be killed.

As the Joker of the underworld, Doffy was more strategic than most others. So when his emotions calmed down a little, he made up a plan to draw the fish in his direction.

Doflamingo used the colosseum, which was the most popular thing in Dressrosa, to announce a grand tournament. Using his authority, he announced that both Pirates, Marines and any other warrior can join this tournament. They can come and fight, with the final price being not one, not two, but three devil fruits!

In retrospect, this wasn't simply to draw Tsunade here, it was for the betterment of Dressrosa too, along with some other benefits. However, yes, it was mainly to fish her here.

With a Paramecia, a Logia, and a super rare Mythical Zoan, this was supposed to attract a lot of people.

With his connection to the underworld, he even invited some popular figures of the world. Such as Charlotte Oven from the Big Mom Pirates, and All-Star King from the Beast Pirates.