[52] Betrayal?

Chapter 52: Betrayal?

Her base was located on an island on the New World side of Grandline. It was a large building that suited her rank of a Vice-Admiral, and on the top floor was her office.

There was a large desk, and countless pieces of paperwork littered it along with office equipment. The office had a bookshelf on the left side of the wall, and on the right side was another shelf holding documents. Additionally, the flag of the World Government was on display on the wall behind the chair that she sat upon.

Beside a smoke tray, there was a nameplate resting on the desk that spelled [Tsunade Senju]. Coupled with countless awards and medals on the wall, it was a majestic office indeed.

Currently, at this very moment, the person to whom all this belonged to was sitting on the chair behind the desk. With her feet on top of her desk, the last female Senju looked to be in a mess. Her tie was loose, and her outfit was dirty. She had a cigarette hanging from her lips as she was leaning on her chair with a dazed frown.

"Two years and six months, huh."

That was how long it had been since she enrolled in the Marines. That was also how long it had been since she reached this high in the rankings. No, she attained this rank of Vice-Admiral a year ago, in record time.

Two years and six months was also how long it took Tsunade Senju to be dubbed as the strongest female marine by many—among which Tsuru, Garp, and Sengoku were some big names.

Yet, she couldn't care less about any of that.

Because two years and six months was also the time since she had last seen her younger brother, the most precious person in her life. The one for whom she could give her life, any day.

Since the day she enrolled in the Marines, today was the day she missed him the most. Today was also the day when she wanted to beat him the most. It was the day when she chewed on her cigarette and cursed his name.

"That little brat. Why isn't he going by our plan? He kidnapped Vivi and fled, and got a bounty on his head. And yet he hasn't called me...? It's been a week."

Tsunade missed his voice. That was one thing that kept her calm, as she got to hear him every night. However, it's been nearly a week since he last called, that bastard. She couldn't call from her side either, since he didn't take his old Snail with him.

A large part of her was mad at him for playing like this, but a tiny part of her was worried. Hashirama was strong, sure, but what if he came across some strong pirate and got....

Tsunade didn't want to think about it.

Taking a sharp puff in, the cigarette disintegrated in a second. She grabbed the butt of the cigarette with her two fingers and pushed it down on the small smoke tray on the desk.

In the last week, she finished a total of 129 cigarettes. She wanted more. With a sigh, Tsunade got up from her seat and walked out of her office to go and fetch some. She could have called for a soldier to bring it to her, or call Marianne—her direct report, a Rear-Admiral—but she decided to move on her own.

When Tsunade returned, with dozens of packets in her pockets, she heard the sound of her Den Den Mushi ringing. Freezing on her spot for a moment, she rushed to her table. Uncaring of the packets that fell from her pockets, she rushed to pick up the call.

'Please don't be Titi... Please don't be any missions...'

She prayed in her head and picked up the call. Queen Nefertari Titi had called countless times and cried her tears dry on the call, so Tsunade was a little confident that it wasn't Titi. However, missions could happen anytime, so she wasn't sure about that.