[23] The Oasis & The Desert (2)

Chapter 23: The Oasis & The Desert (2)

Hashirama was guessing Sir Crocodile wouldn't come alone, but at the same time, he wasn't expecting the entire top dogs of the gang.

Sir Crocodile was an arrogant fellow as far as Hashirama could recall, so he expected him to make a rash decision here too. However, it seemed the last eight years have changed him somehow, allowing him to make more reasonable and cautious decisions.

'Good for him.' Hashirama noted. 'Perhaps he will come out a better person after coming out of jail.'

Just when he finished thinking, the tree he was standing on got cut by Mr One. It began to fall down but rather than panicked Hashirama simply clasped his hands together, he used his chakra to shoot outwards his body in spikes to connect with the trees nearby; the trees that he had created a few years ago.

Being his creations, his babies, the trees instantly gave in and came under his control. One of the trees nearby extended its branch, elongating it in a split second, to catch him mid-air before he could fall on the ground. At the same time, the other trees went to strike the enemies below.

Seven enemies, two trees for each.

"What the fuck is this?!" yelled Miss Doublefinger, her body going all pointy and sharp when a tree came crashing on her.

Her plan must have been to minimize the damage by penetrating the tree, however it only made her get stuck in the wood as a result. She had the power to return to normal, of course, and she did exactly that a moment later. But that was all according to Hashirama's expectations as the tree flung her up right in time for her to release herself and get sent flying to the other end of the forest.

In that part of the forest, another Hashirama—a wood clone—was located. As said before, Hashirama did expect Crocodile to bring more than one person at least, and so he had deployed clones around the forest expecting that, planning to separate them and deal with them one by one.

Only she was the one he successfully pulled this off with, though (along with the carriage driver, but he didn't count).

The others, namely Mr One had severed multiple incoming trees to save himself and Mr Four from getting slammed. Of the other few, Miss Christmas Day who had eaten the Mole-Mole Fruit barely evaded two trees by digging into the ground.

Sir Crocodile alone used the sand he shredded earlier to make a wall that blocked his and Mr Two's portion of trees.

When they finished blocking the trees, all happening in a split second or two, they once again began searching for Hashirama. The Baroque Works moved their heads from one side to another, forming a circle with their backs against each other, but they found no sign of Hashirama in the vicinity.

"By the way," a voice spoke, making everyone snap their heads toward the direction it came from. But before anyone could run there with a roar, the same voice came from some other direction. "Why bring Mr Two here? I mean the clown-looking guy, he is Mr Two right?"

"It's she, dear." Mr Two corrected, making Crocodile's face twitch while he kept looking around in search of Hashirama. "And you must be asking because I displayed no battle power? Well, I was not supposed to fight. I was supposed to use my powers to turn into your sister inside the city to lure you out!"

"Oh, okay, that makes more sense." An understandable voice replied.

Mr Two blinked in surprise, turning to look at Crocodile. "Hey, boss, isn't this boy pretty nice and understandin—"

"But,"

Suddenly, Mr Two felt a pull in his feet, and looking down he found a thick vine wrapping around his leg—that suddenly pulled him out of the circle, pulling him on the shadow of the bushes.