[113] The Colosseum (1)

If you want to read the next 20 chapters right away, visit my Patreon.

Link: Patreon.com/Master4thWall

Chapter 113: The Colosseum (1)

"Alright, you're the 779th to enter the tournament. You are in Block-D, and you'll be competing against 194 people in the arena."

The beauty on the entrance said as she finished noting his on the list. Taking a peek, Hashirama confirmed his alias, [Ra], was correctly listed at the end of all the other names.

Ra was the name he went by in his first life, though more like a code name used by his targets and so on, as the only person who truly knew him – his master – referred to him as just "boy" or "brat". Though it was the old man himself who chose the name.

The name was interesting since his current nickname – Shira – ended with [Ra] too, and coincidentally Alabasta's King from back in the Void Century was also called Ra, which was further based on the Egyptian God back in his world. Not that any of that was important, as Hashirama gave the lady a nod and walked past her into the Colosseum.

As he walked in, the gates behind him closed shut, and out of the corner of his eyes, he saw some heavy locks getting put into place. He knew why, of course. Even though he couldn't recall all the details from One Piece anime, he knew this bit of info – that was the fate of everyone who entered this colosseum.

You either die, or you get dragged to the "Medic Room" where you are turned into a toy with Sugar's ability. Truly hateful stuff, he admitted.

Hashirama, under the mask of a dragon and the name of a God, walked the long hallway into the room that awaited him, barred with huge doors.

Two guards stood in front of the room and they waited for him to step in. Just as he did, finding himself in a crowd, all eyes suddenly locking onto him, the doors were closed behind him for good.

All eyes locked on Hashirama, finding a smooth mask with the imposing face of a dragon carved into it, as two turquoise-green eyes stared back at them.

Some lost interest in him right away and looked away, thanks to the casual shirt with an open chain halfway to his chest that he was wearing, while some spent a few more seconds observing the long sword that was behind him.

Hashirama had put his sword in a wooden scabbard, its red stones were too eye-catching. So the bland sword lost interest too, until everyone turned away to focus on their previous doings. It had only been a few seconds.

"What fierce eyes."

A voice said, and Hashirama didn't bother to act surprised as he had already sensed her. Her comment did reach his ears though, as he closed his eyes and let out a breath; it seemed that being under a mask alarmed his senses, sending them back to their cold and hyper-sensitive mode, as he had done most of his heinous deeds under a mask in his first life.

Calming down, as the world seemed to regain a color he hadn't noticed leaving, Hashirama smiled as and turned to the side. He found a muscular woman wearing a mask too, though hers was that of an oni.

"Hey cutie, long time no see."

Hashirama would have had a hard time recognizing her if he hadn't met her yesterday. He gently raised a fist, and she returned it timely, nudging him to walk away with her.

"I ain't no cutie, you bastard. What you did yesterday was annoying, y'know?"

"What are friends for if not to help chase choochie, Beidou my buddy?"