[63] Arlong Pirates (1)

Chapter 63: Arlong Pirates (1)

The fizzing sound of veggies in the oil filled the room, as did a salivating scent that caught the attention of Hashirama and Nami.

Hashirama and Nami sat on a dining table near the kitchen, on chairs that were placed facing each other.

But the black-haired boy who had his shoulder-length hair tied behind him wasn't paying attention to the ginger. He rested his chin on his hand and stared at the back of the cooking young lady.

"...You didn't tell me that your sister was this hot?"

"You can't be serious right now."

Hashirama stared dazedly at Nojiko, as Nami grew stupefied. How could a guy be like this? Why would she tell him how hot her sister was when he said he knew her? No, how could he switch his targets so quickly? This guy was clearly flirting with her earlier, but he changed targets the moment he saw her sister.

"Shouldn't you worry about your duck, though? He isn't back yet."

The duck, Karoo. That thing wasn't with Hashirama and Nami. It was left behind after the boat was docked. Since it had a sudden call from nature, it had to slip into the nearby bush to do its business.

"I said it's fine. She can find us on her own when she's done."

"...What about your explanation? Why are you here to begin with?"

"Can't we talk about it after we are done eating? Please stay silent for now. I'm watching your sister."

Nami's jaws clattered as she held back her rage. What was this guy saying? Why was he this thick-skinned?

'Disgusting bastard. How do I get rid of him?'

Nami stared at his face while frowning and tapping on the table continuously.

To begin with, she didn't bring him to this island. He "brought her", as he lied her sister sent him. So since he was lying, he shouldn't be here.

Truth be told, she should have seen it coming. When she saw he didn't even know the way to Cocoyashi Village, and when the villagers didn't recognize him.

But there was an undeniable truth... while he may be disgusting, he was still her savior. Nami didn't want to see him die at Arlong's hand.

So beyond the fact that she didn't want him to hit on Nojiko any longer, she wanted him to leave so that he didn't get himself killed.

'But seriously, why are playboys always this good-looking?'

The door and windows were open, and sunlight came from there to fall on his dazed face. He seriously looked hot like that.

In truth, he was her type. Better, he saved her life too. So she was a little sad when she reached the false conclusion that he was Nojiko's boyfriend. So a part of her felt relief when it turned out that he was lying, and therefore free to take.

Everything was going well.

But, then he just had to be a disgusting woman chaser, didn't he?

"Food is done~"

Nami heard her sister cheer aloud as she walked over with two plates in her hand.

Looking at the steam that rose from the plates, Nami got lost in a dream. In that steam, she saw something that made her earlier complaints seem worthless.

Maybe it wasn't a bad thing that he was a playboy, making her hate him. At least this gave her a better reason to ignore him — where the other reason was that she would have ignored him anyway to make Arlong not pick on him.