[26] A Growing Crush

Chapter 26: A Growing Crush

Three hours. That's how long it had been since Hashirama's first call. Robin was getting more worried by the minute, and she was convinced Hashirama was defeated and captured by Sir Crocodile.

Otherwise, why wouldn't he call to confirm things?

Robin was currently in Hashirama's place in Alubarna, still on the rooftop, and she just reached the limit of her patience.

"Hey, you..."

Robin called the Clone-Rama beside her, who turned to look at her, and just at that moment, the Den Den Mushi Snail nearby rang aloud.

Robin practically ran to the snail, her heart skipping a beat when she saw the number, as she picked up the call.

– Moshi Moshi. Calling late to announce that Sir Crocodile lost. I chained him up with Sea Stone inside a cell within his own HQ.

Hashirama's voice announced from the other side of the Snail. Robin let out a relieved sigh while feeling a large weight lift off her shoulders.

"Thank you, you did well. Are you injured?"

– Ah, not really... Though I do have a killer headache. I can't describe the pain in words- ugh. I passed out earlier, you know, that's why I called you so late. The battle ended three hours ago.

Robin sighed. At least he didn't earn any permanent injury. More than that though... he won. Hashirama won. Sir Crocodile just got dealt with, he would not continue destroying this country, his era of evil just came to an end.

– Anyhow, have you gathered the papers? The proof. It's been three days since we talked about this.

Nico Robin was in Alubarna at the moment, and to get proof she would need to go to the Rain Base. Thankfully, however, as she had said before, she's been secretly gathering proof against Sir Crocodile for a possible betrayal. So all the papers were ready already, she just had to travel around a bit to collect them all.

"They have been collected, yes." She replied. "Now, we just have to call the Marines and-"

– No, wait. Before that, you'd need to....

Just as Hashirama was about to talk, the door of the rooftop banged open—and a girl expressed her surprise.

"There you are, Hashirama...!" Vivi Nefertari said while panting, proof that she can come running, as she stepped onto the rooftop. "Something big just happened in the Rain Base, you need to hear this— Huh? Who is this woman?"

Hashirama from the other side of the Snail, who had paused earlier, continued after hearing the voice.

– As I was saying. You'd first need to go talk with the King. My-self on the other side, accompany her, please.

"Sure thing," the clone who was on the rooftop replied casually, walking over to the suspicious Vivi and flicking a finger on her forehead. "Let's get going, Robin."

* * *

The news of 'Rain Dinners', which was the biggest casino in the country, getting ruined by trees and vines reached the King and Queen's ears last night.

They only knew one person who could do such a thing, and though they were sure Hashirama would never do something like this, they still sent guards to go check if Hashirama was in his home, just in case.

Unsurprisingly, Hashirama was indeed in his house. They were sure he wouldn't do such a thing, after all.

But that begged a question; what was the cause behind this incident? This was a world of unknown lots, so the two Royals just sent guards to Rain Base to see things for themselves. Weirdly enough, the next morning, they were reported with more surprising... and shocking news, one that made their forehead turn cold.