[145] A Brewing Catastrophe

Chapter 145: A Brewing Catastrophe

In Mariejois, the City of Celestials, a few of the strongest people in this world gathered in a single room. It was the meeting room of the Five Elders, and naturally, those five old monsters were present there. They sat around couches, with a few standing too, while they faced a couch occupied by Sengoku and Garp.

A deep silence lingered in the room, nobody spoke. Two other people were in the room, one was a man named Kong, who was the former Fleet Admiral before Sengoku; he had his arms crossed as he looked at both Sengoku and Garp. He was planning to defend the two in case the Elders got really mad.

"Outrageous." The first to speak, however, were not the elders, but the other man present in the room sitting on a couch opposite Kong. It was a man with grayed-out hair, with a tint of red.

Garling Figarland, the Supreme Commander of God's Knight. He had a stern expression, falling silent after that single word.

Until now, Garp and Sengoku had reported to them the incident in Dressrosa. The Elders listened in silence, and that silence had now stretched for minutes after the report ended. But taking Garling's words as a signal, the Five Elders began to express their reactions as well.

Saint Saturn spoke first, "Outrageous, indeed. Even if Doflamingo is a fallen World Noble, even if he was quite a pain in the arse with his demands sometimes, we can't just endure some no-name pirates killing him."

"Former or not, a World Noble's death is unacceptable." Saint Mars said, "When's the last time this happened? When Doflamingo's parents died, right?"

"Yes," Saint Warcury confirmed. "And as a result, we burned that entire town down. Now, that entire family is gone. What a pity."

"This will serve as an example to all the World Nobles for the centuries to come, they'd know how the commoners would hunt down their Gods if given the chance." Saint Nusjuro added.

"It's shameful that the news has traveled this far, we'd have liked it better if the death of a Celestial Dragon didn't spread. What a mess. However, you are right, since it has spread, we can use this as an example. For both the World Nobles, but also the commoners. We need to make them realize the price... of harming a God." Announced Saint Ju-Peter, the last of the Five Elder Stars.

"Oh, and," Saint Nusjuro, who was in charge of Finance, said. "Make sure to release their bounties as soon as possible. The people of the world will learn that even high-bounty pirates are no match for the World Government when the news of the horrific death of the Senju Pirates is printed right after the bounty posters."

"Good idea," the Elders agreed.

They didn't bother asking Garp and Sengoku for their opinion; they were just here to make the report. However, Sengoku still chimed in, asking about an important matter.

"Vice-Admiral Tsunade, one of the two assailants who killed Doflamingo... she was an Admiral Candidate. She has left the Marines, she announced, but are you sure you don't want to talk to her first?"

"What insolence," Saturn said in a low voice. "What if she was an Admiral Candidate? Even if she was an Admiral, even if she was a Fleet Admiral—even if she was a World Noble herself, she'd have had to pay for killing another. We don't need you or Garp to go after her, no, there is no need to talk to her about this. The God's Knight will handle this."

Garp's jaws clenched hard as he heard that. Sengoku was displeased as well. Sengoku had a connection with Tsunade because he was the one who let the girl and her family escape from Tobirama Senju's ship, he was the one who spared that girl's life. He was the one who allowed her in the Marines. Garp had a connection with her too since he was her master, the brightest student he had who would have surpassed even Kuzan in just a few more years.