[104] Heartbroken (3)

Chapter 104: Heartbroken (3)

Boa Hancock could not sleep that night. She laid down on her back, her hands on her stomach and her eyes on the ceiling. She stared at it all night; her head was filled with thoughts that didn't make sense, and her heart was filled with emotions that she could not understand.

What the hell was this state?

Throughout the entire night, she was stuck in that state. However, she did not fall into the "love sickness" that Hashirama had seen unfold in the cannon timeline.

The reason for that was that her love had been broken. She was left wounded, and so she couldn't feel that same burning sensation enveloping her entire body that she would have felt tonight if she hadn't seen him with his lovers. He wasn't her to take, he was already taken.

Instead, she tried to focus on the good things of today. It was a happy day.

She was freed from her eternal curse; her sisters were too. Yes, instead of feeling down for a reason she didn't even fully understand, that is why her heart ached when she saw him with other girls, she instead focused on this feeling of joy.

Yet, when her brain recalled the one who granted her this fate, this polished identity, she paused. It was the same man who was making her feel weird, and thinking about it she began to feel weirder.

Throughout the night, that was the cycle she was stuck within. By the time she stopped herself, it was morning already, and she was mentally exhausted.

Boa Hancock finally fell asleep, only to wake up a few hours later.

* * *

Hashirama somehow managed not to knock Ran out, because he needed her to return to her room on her own. Sadly, she couldn't do that, her legs had no strength left; in the end, he had to carry her in his arms and lead her to her room.

He left her in her bed, as she fell asleep in seconds, and he returned to his own room. He too jumped on the bed to take a nap. Hashirama woke up around an hour later, finding a knock on his door, as a Kuja maid walked in with a bowl of water, for him to wash his face and all that.

'Huh, not a bad way to serve guests.'

"By the way, are you all right now?"

"You tell me."

The maid who had brought the water asked, to which Hashirama asked back, looking up and meeting her eyes. Her short blonde hair was neat in the morning, and her curious eyes stared at him.

"Since when were you a maid of the palace, Marguerite?"

He asked the girl who had been quite the help in his stay here. She was not a member of the Kuja Main Ship, so it was weird she was in the palace.

"I just heard some rumors that apparently you are in the palace. Nobody was trusting the rumors, as it didn't make sense why you could be here, but I was kind of worried about you. So I asked an elder of mine who works at the palace to let me in for the day. I... uh, I was missing you, so I wanted to come and see you. Oh, and is the Snake Empress okay?"

Hashirama smiled at her. She was missing him? How adorable. He grabbed her by the waist and yanked, falling on his back as she sat on top of him. She blushed a little but didn't resist.

"Hancock is better than ever, actually. Let me tell you a secret, she will probably announce it soon anyway, but her curse is gone. The 'evil eye' that is rumored to be in her back is gone. I cleaned it."

Despite her body heating up due to his touch, as he felt her curves, squeezing her waist, Marguerite still paused. The curse of the Empress was gone?

She just stared at the man below her, unsure if he was telling the truth or not. In the end, her brain stopped caring when he pulled her face towards him.