[101] A Good Omen

Chapter 101: A Good Omen

"That's just sad. None of that would have happened if you weren't stupid at the beginning."

"Hey, I was a kid. How would I know that wouldn't work?"

A peculiar scene took place on an island near Amazon Lily. Under the shadow of a tree, creating shade from the moonlight, two individuals gossiped while in quite an intimate position.

It was a man and a woman, both wearing leaves that wrapped around their privates. Not that it was doing its work, as the taller woman sitting with her back against the tree hugged the man from behind, the back of his head resting deep in her chest.

"True."

Boa Hancock was smiling as she looked down at his face. He was looking up from her chest, expressionless yet relaxed.

His green eyes locked on her deep blue ones as he spoke.

"You were also stuck on an island that is disconnected from the rest of the world. You didn't know how mannerisms in the real world worked. It's not your fault you got sold."

"Yeah..."

Hancock sighed in her head but she kept looking at him still. She felt at peace when looking at his face, it was a weird feeling.

Such intimacy and skinship weren't casual, even Hancock knew that. Yet she hadn't let him off her hands since that time when she hugged him. He felt like a rare treasure, even rarer than the One Piece, that she didn't want to lose.

There was a weird burning in her heart, but she didn't understand it. So she ignored it and focused on him instead.

"By the way,"

Hashirama suddenly spoke.

"When will we leave? It's already been hours since you grabbed me, and longer since I kidnapped you. Your people must be dying of worry looking for you. Shouldn't we leave already?"

"Uh..."

Hancock's face fell.

"You don't like spending time with me?"

"That's not what I said..."

"Then?"

"You turned my crewmates to stone, what if your people get angry that I kidnapped their empress and then destroy the statues?"

"Oh."

Hancock blinked. That was a possibility, but she doubted that old woman would let it happen, given Nefertari Vivi was amongst the statues.

Still, his words brought Hancock back to the center. Hashirama Senju... he was a young man around four beautiful women. That information didn't mean anything to her before, but suddenly, thinking about it made her heart... act weird.

"Hancock?"

"Yes... yes, we should leave."

Hancock nodded. She had shared her entire backstory already; now her head felt empty. She didn't know why she couldn't think of any topic to engage him in a conversation with. Perhaps she should have learned to talk to people in a normal tone, rather than her usual arrogant one. She didn't want to talk to him in that tone...

In the end, Hancock was happy when he lifted her and shot through the sky.

* * *

The old lady Gloriosa was sipping tea and reading the newspaper that she didn't have the chance to read this morning.

Sitting on a chair under the moonlight, on the large balcony outside her room, she was relaxed. To her side, however, two gigantic women stood, wearing faces filled with worry.