[12] Rematch; Baroque Works

Wish to read chapters ahead of here? Visit my Patreøn.

Link: Patreøn.com/Master4thWall

———

Chapter 12: Rematch; Baroque Works

———

An average helicopter could fly at the speed of 257 kilometres per hour. However, Hashirama's wooden helicopter— being much lighter and the power source being much fiercer— was faster than that.

This wasn't his first time riding a helicopter, but it was the first time in this world. Only thanks to his Master's teaching, he had memorised the blueprint of a helicopter in his past life. If not for that, even without the engine and most other important parts, he may not be able to get this thing flying due to proportional problems.

But since he managed to make the thing work, he flew in the sky fast and soon found himself in the skies of Yuba, just above the place where the fight had taken place. Yet, neither Vivi nor Pell was anywhere to be seen, let alone the two Baroque Works' thugs.

At this point, Hashirama knew how to use Observation Haki, but he had created it to use in hand-to-hand combat, so it had a very limited range– not suitable for searching people.

That was one problem with OH, in the initial levels it only gave the benefits it was trained for.

Precisely because of his short ranged OH, Hashirama hadn't noticed Miss Valentine and later on Mr. Five's presence in the fight earlier. Unfortunately, that was also why he was having trouble finding the two criminals now that he was above the skies of Yuba.

Groaning to himself, Hashirama created wood clones on the cockpit of the copter, and each of them jumped down the moment they were created, moving to separate directions in search of the people.

Hashirama knew it was highly unlikely that they would kill Vivi, but he still felt anxious.

If they did kill her though, their fate was already sealed.

* * *

"Remind me why can't we kill the guard, at the very least?"

Mikita asked, grumbling to herself as she dragged the unconscious royal knight behind her, his face brushing against the sandy ground and surely getting quite hurt.

The unconscious Vivi on the other hand was on one side of Mr. Five's shoulder, as Mr. Zero ordered to not hurt Vivi more than necessary. The girl had tried to resist at first, but upon Mr. Five flicked a booger and made it explode metres in front of them, the girl had fallen real silent– allowing Mikita to knock her out cold.

"I don't know," Mr. Five said in a calm voice. "That's why we are going to find a place to stop and then call Miss All Sunday for her opinion."

Mikita groaned softly at that, but didn't complain any longer.

Mikita was 19 years old now, and had joined Baroque Works just a few months ago. After earning some personal bounty hunting achievements, she was invited to this organisation.

Apparently, the leader of this organisation, going by the code name Mr. Zero, was impressed with her work and wanted her in his organisation. Mikita only accepted because the pay was high and they also allowed her to cause violence without any restriction. She didn't want to lose the job just because she was in a bad mood.

"If I could see ghosts," Mikita said, stomping on the ground hard. "I would have grabbed that brat's soul and choked him to death!"

"Is that so?"