[68] The Hero of Dreams

Chapter 68: The Hero of Dreams

Master4thWall Note: Back after a hectic few months. You can expect regular updates from now on!

-

There was a saying.

"You will always be a villain in someone else's story. But the funny part is... you will seldom have any idea what the story is."

It was one of Hashirama's master favorites. Arlong the Saw, a minor villain of this grand story, filled the saying quite nicely.

The fishmen went down to their knees, their will broke when Arlong's disfigured and gruesome body fell to the ground. They watched the scene with wide eyes, in slow motion, as Nami huffed and looked down at Arlong's body with disbelief.

In a war between two countries, if an enemy were to kill a group of your soldiers, you will see him as a disgusting villainous bastard. However, by his people, he would be a hero who will go down the pages of history.

"He is..."

Nojiko muttered softly from afar, gulping.

"He is dead."

Arlong was dead. His body had a huge hole in it. His chest was gone, and so was his heart. The tyrant had died an animal's death.

"T-this bastard!"

Nami who was shakily grinning at the start of the battle, slowly growing more nervous over the battle, finally broke. Her tears drowned her cheeks and she ran at the dead body, fist clenched and ready to plow.

"H-Hey, Nami! He is already dead- don't do it!"

The octopus that was Hatchan yelled from his kneeling position. Sadly, he didn't have the strength to pick himself up and stop her.

Nami didn't stop rushing at Arlong. Thankfully, the flying Hashirama finally decided to come down from the sky. His green wings fluttered in the air, leaves falling like feathers, as he stepped behind her and grabbed her by the hand.

"Don't. You have had your revenge."

"You? How are you- No, that's not important. Let me go! I am not d-"

"Shut up. Now."

Hashirama had always been in the sky. The fruit didn't fall from the clouds, did it? He, who was Clone-rama-2, had been watching the battle happen from the sky after Clone-rama-1 vanished.

As a human, Hashirama should by default oppose Arlong. At least, that's what most people would say. Yet he couldn't help but admire the brave fishman who didn't move away from the exploding bombs, in fear of hurting his comrades. No matter how villainous a man was, it was respectable when he cared for his people.

After all, villainy by definition is never evil. Arlong was never truly a villain, was he? Hashirama didn't think so.

"...."

Nami hesitated, her teary orange eyes focused on him. A second later, she bit her lip and looked away.

Before she could do any other thing, her eyes rolled back and she lost consciousness.

Hashirama caught her from falling, his hand around her waist before he quickly changed his grip on her hips. Her ribs were broken. Many of them. The punch Arlong gave her was devastating. She might die if she wasn't seen by a doctor soon.

Thankfully, Hashirama was something of a doctor himself.

Hashirama sighed aloud and looked around. "Tie the fishmen up. Use the heaviest chains you have. Look for chains in their own den, in Arlong's Park, if you guys don't have enough at home."