[17 ] Please, Be Careful

Chapter 17: Please, Be Careful

Miss "Mikita" Valentine stood to the side as she watched the conversation unfold between the two most dangerous people she had known in her life.

Shockingly, unlike half an hour ago, these two weren't arguing with each other. Rather, they were planning together; on something they had agreed on in the short time when Mikita was standing outside the door.

"Something" that Mikita was sure wouldn't end well for her, uncaring if these two succeeded or failed.

"Just taking down Crocodile wouldn't do,"

Miss All Sunday spoke and pressed a finger on the map that was unfolded on the round table in front of her. She and Hashirama were standing around it, while Mikita was observing them from the side.

"We need to prove that he is a criminal, so that he loses his Warlord title. Otherwise he will rise again with the help of the government and so all of us will be labelled as criminals."

On the spot of the map where All Sunday's was pressing on, the city of Rain Base stood.

"This is Crocodile's hideout, but currently he's not here." All Sunday said. "He was to receive Vivi from me, on the island I would have taken her from this place."

Hashirama nodded. He opened his mouth with a contemplative look on his face, but Mikita interrupted him.

"W-wait, hang on for a moment!"

Miss Valentine yelled in a frantic voice, turning to look at Miss All Sunday in particular with confusion in her eyes.

"Why in the world are you planning to take down a Warlord?!"

Slowly, Hashirama and All Sunday exchanged glances before both shook their heads.

"We."

Hashirama corrected, turning to Mikita.

"You're on this with us."

It took a second for Mikita to register what she had just heard. Then, her lips quivered as tears formed in the corner of her eyes.

"As for why we are planning to take down Sir Crocodile..."

Hashirama continued without caring for her wet eyes.

"Apologies, it's on us that we forgot to explain to you. In truth, the Mr Zero that you work under is none other than Sir Crocodile, aka the Pirate Hunter Hero of this country."

"...."

"We are going to destroy Baroque Works, you see."

* * *

When Mikita went silent, Hashirama ignored her and looked back at Robin.

"In any case, what do you suggest we do to expose Crocodile to the world?"

"Nothing in particular, really," said Robin. "I already know the files needed to prove him guilty. I just need half a week's time to gather up all the files. When done so, we just need to call the Marines and hand those files to them."

"Ah-huh."

"But I have to decide when to do this. What do you suggest? After you, hypothetically, defeat Sir Crocodile? Or before doing so?"

Hashirama frowned in deep thought as he tried to think of the best outcome.

"Call the Marines right before the fight begins," said Hashirama a while later. "They would need a while to reach Alabasta, but whatever the result of the battle ends up being, you can just hand them the papers then and there."