[165] Ominous Situation

Chapter 165: Ominous Situation

The Sunlight Tree Eve's pulses were not rhythmic. At least not anymore. It sounded odd as if it was trying to form words.

However, even after many hours of trying to intercept any meaning, Hashirama saw no result. It was failure after failure.

"Hey, uh," he sat on the floor and spoke to it, unsure if it even had the capability of understanding him. "If you're trying to talk to me, you have no need to change the rhythm of your heart."

Trees were not sentient beings, but they were alive. Therefore, they had some level of intelligence, even if they were far lower than humans. As a tree human, Hashirama could understand trees. But for that, he had to scan those said trees with his chakra— a prospect impossible at the moment, due to the lack of chakra and consequently the size of this thing.

However, he was sure of one thing now.

The tree understood him.

The odd pulses of the tree faded, and it returned to its usual rhythm. It waited for his next words, he could feel it.

It had called upon him when he took the properties of Adam Tree, he recalled, so he should have known this thing wasn't dumb.

"I'm not sure how clearly you can even hear me, so I'll give you a pair of ears and vocal cord," Hashirama raised his left hand toward the sky and detailed human ears, including the interior that resided inside the skull, formed on his hand. Next, he formed a pair of lips, as well as a throat and other vocal parts formed.

He gently put them on the floor, "I'm not sure how much control you have over your flesh, but, try to absorb-" was all he got out before the floor trembled and the green things he made submerged into it.

A moment later, ears and lips emerged out of the wall in front of him. It was creepy to look at a wall that had lips and ears poking out, but Hashirama stood in his place.

After a long minute of waiting, where the lips had opened many times and failed to make any real sound, proper words came out.

"Would..." that was the first word it said, in a sweet melodic voice. "You... feed... me... a bit of... that energy..."

Hashirama frowned. Was this a waste of time? Did this thing only want more of his chakra, and that's why it reached out to him? Here he thought it was trying to help him, but it only wanted to satiate its weird hunger.

He didn't even have much chakra left.

With a sigh, Hashirama decided to take a gamble. Not only a waste, but it could become dangerous, the tree might get greedy and devour him full of more chakra. But what other choice did he have?

Maybe feeding the tree will make it take a liking to him and help him survive.

Hashirama hesitated before he placed a hand between the two ears. He gently began to pour chakra into it, and to his surprise, this time his chakra wasn't sucked dry immediately. He could feel the tree holding back its thirst, and only taking the hit Hashirama provided.

Along with that, more features began to appear between the ears. Chakra was like DNA on a spiritual level, so perhaps it was learning about humans from it. And from that, it was making a face for itself. No, not just a face, an entire body began to slowly carve out of the wall.

Hashirama watched, pouring his chakra, as a beautiful woman of green skin and red hair began to carve out of the wall. Her eyes were closed, and she seemed to be sleeping. Hashirama was mesmerized.