Chapter 4

"You never listen do you?" Andy hollered at me.

I didn't open my mouth or dare say anything. All the tension over the last month and a half have built up to an ugly fight. He was mad because the record store's re-grand opening would take longer than we all anticipated. I would still be working late and looking like death had walked over me.

I stared at him unsure of what to do or say.

"Y-you never yell at me for me being independent and wanting some sort of normalcy in my life," I managed to get the courage to say.

I had tears at the brim of my eye. I was tired yes but this was just my breaking point. For the love of god, I love Andy with my entire being. But, he has to realize that I still want to work and live a normal life. I don't care about status titles.

"No but I can see it in your eyes darling. You don't look well. You look exhausted and its getting worse every day. I know you love the record store but its not till death do you part with it," Andy said with a stern voice.

I sighed and took a deep breath.

"Just because we are married doesn't mean you have control over me. I love you but I am not going to lose my normalcy. If people would have hired me months ago at the actual job title I have a degree for, then this wouldn't even be an issue," I replied as I went to grab my purse.

Andy followed me.

"Darling where are you going?" Andy's asked. 

But, his voice had turned soft.

"Somewhere where you can't yell at me," was my reply as I opened the front door and slammed it.

I ran to my car and took off. I didn't even care to look back and see if Andy was going to come after me.

After driving for 25 minutes, I arrived at A&M Records. I was hoping Karen would be at the studio. I didn't really wanna drive all the way out to Century City.

I parked and went through security. I had been a frequent face here so they knew I was a legit friend, not a crazed fan.

I went and asked the front desk lady about KC and RC and she pointed me to the studio stage in the back of A&M. They were rehearsing some kind of upcoming video.

I knocked on the door. I heard Rich's voice shout "come in." And so, I opened the door to find them just sitting around eating lunch. 

"Hi," I quietly spoke.

"Something's wrong what happened?" Karen asked as she put her Diet Coke down.

"A-Andy and I got into a huge fight this morning and I just don't know where to go or do," I replied to Karen who was now consoling me.

"What was the fight about? It couldn't be that terrible," Karen asked.

"He's mad because I am working overtime at the store for the re-grand opening. It looks like it's going to be longer than what we expected," I replied after I did some breathing exercises.

Karen frowned.

"How did you end up here?" Karen asked.

"I could have drove to Vermont instead," I joked.

Karen chuckled.

"No no don't think you bothered us. I am glad you trust me as a confidant," Karen replied as she grabbed tissue from Rich.

I didn't realize I had tears streaming down my face the entire time I was talking.

Karen handed me a compact from her purse so I could clean up the runny mascara that was all over my cheeks.