Chapter 117

We were in Vermont for the last few days of December. Andy made a promise to me that every year we will at least go to Vermont at Christmas time. I  missed the snow and Andy wanted to make sure I never felt too homesick. 

"I'm surprised it snowed all night. It's like the people from above knew I was coming home," I joked.

Andy smiled as we stared out the window. We were supposed to go do some stuff in town but all the roads and stuff got shut down because of the snowstorm.

"So what are we gonna do? I don't think I've ever been stuck in a snowstorm like this," Andy asked me.

"Well most of the time, we as in my family would play board games and watch television all day and drink hot cocoa or tea," I told him.

We were sitting in the bay window admiring the glistening snow that fell upon the ground which was already blanketed with at least a foot of snow.

"That sounds wonderful to me," Andy replied happily.

I glanced at the clock and it was only a little after 10 a.m.

"Today will feel like an eternity I guarantee it since its still so early," I told Andy.

"What do you mean?" Andy asked chuckling.

"Usually when it snows, it feels like the day drags on. Like I will look at the clock and time will have barely moved," I told him as Andy grabbed my hand.

He began nervously playing with my wedding band.

"Oh," Andy remarked as he focused on twisting the ring around my finger in a nervous manner.

"Whatcha doing?"  I asked as I looked at my hand and then his face.

"For some reason I'm nervous," Andy told me.

"You? Nervous? Are you ok?" I asked him.

"Yeah, just a little bit of a panic inside. It's not your or your family darling. It's just, I don't know, I always feel out of place sometimes here in Vermont," Andy told me quietly.

I frowned.

"Love you are family and are a part of me now and you have been for like forever now," I told him quietly so no one else knew what we were discussing. 

"I know that but it feels like all the stories and stuff I have are not normal," Andy told me.

"That's the best part. No one is normal," I told him comforting him.

Andy sighed.

"I'm feeling better thanks darling," Andy whispered as he kissed my cheek.

"I'm glad you are," I told him with a smile.

"Hey is anyone up for some hot cocoa?" my sister asked from the kitchen door.

I glanced at Andy. He smiled.

"Yes please one for each of us," I replied to my sister.

"You got it," my sister remarked as she disappeared to the kitchen.

"So," I awkwardly commented. 

"Soooo," Andy mimicked my tone.

"Shush," I told him lightly as I smacked his arm gently.

"What? Isn't imitation the most sincere form of flattery?" Andy asked as he chuckled.

"Yes but," I replied to him as he cut me off with a kiss.

Andy pulled away for a second and smiled.

"That was cute now do it again," I told him.

Andy's smile lines were deep as he looked at me.

I literally did not care if my family walked in on this. It was just kissing and Andy was being cute and affectionate. 

Andy leaned in but didn't kiss me.

"Andrew such a tease," I fake cried.

"Like you don't ever tease me," Andy whispered.

"Shut up we're at my parents not a hotel," I told him.

"Make me," Andy teased.

I got determined to shut him up so I grabbed him by his shirt and kissed him.

"There are you happy now?" I asked him.

"W-woah darling," Andy chuckled to himself.

"Yeah I thought so," I replied back to my speechless husband.

All the while this was going on, no one came into the living room. The snow kept falling harder and faster as we kept ourselves warm inside.

"I love you,"  Andy told me as he whispered.

"I love you more," I whispered back.

A good way to keep warm is by spreading the love isn't it?