Chapter 85

TRIGGER WARNING: Pregnancy loss. I wanted to explore a different topic than previous chapters! I know some people reading this book may relate depending on age. 

After coming back to Florida, I had not been feeling too well. I thought it was my normal cycle. I decided to go to the doctor's office and get checked out. It was too much on my body for what I was going through. To be safe, my doctor had me do blood work. I hated waiting. It would take a few days to get the results back.

Andy was still in Florida until later tonight. I got nervous as I waited for the blood work results. 

I had just sat down with a glass of iced tea when the phone rang.

I took a deep breath before grabbing the phone off the ringer.

"Hello?" I asked into the phone.

"Mrs. Gibb?" the lady asked.

"Yes, this is she speaking," I told her.

"We have your blood test results in are you available to receive them?" the lady asked me.

"Yes please I've been stressed," I replied nervously.

"I don't know if you knew this but you were pregnant ma'am. Not very far along as you are currently miscarrying," the lady broke the news in a gentle voice.

"I uh, what?" I asked her confused.

Biscuit noticed my energy shift.

"Yes (Y/N), you were pregnant and I am so sorry you had to find out this way. Based on the HCG levels, you are towards the end of the miscarriage. We have set up a follow-up appointment for Friday morning so we can keep an eye and make sure that you are not hemorrhaging," the lady explained.

"Uh oh well I didn't know and I don't know what to say at the moment," I told her.

"We do apologize Mrs. Gibb and I am so sorry you had to find out this way. Please don't hesitate to call us or go to the emergency if symptoms get worse," she told me.

"Uh thank you have a good day," I told her.

"Take care," the lady told me before I put the phone on the ringer.

I sat there in a state of shock. I was pregnant? How did I not know?

"Biscuit I was pregnant," I told her as I had silent tears rolling down my face.

How can you miss something you didn't even know you had? How can you cry over something you never had?

"Oh my god how do I tell Andy?" I mumbled to myself.

For the next several hours, I tried to collect my thoughts and feelings while I waited for Andy's cab to pull up to the house.

A little after 5, Andy was walking up the walkway.

"Andy!" I called from the front porch.

"Darling," Andy commented as he wrapped me in a hug.

"I've missed you," I told him.

"I missed you too," Andy mumbled as he tightened his embrace on me. 

"Come on let's get you settled home," I told him as I pulled away from him.

Andy had yet to notice my red eyes so that was good. He looked tired but excited to be home.

Thank goodness before the phone call and news I got a nice dinner done in the crockpot. 

"I made a pot roast with vegetables in the crockpot for dinner. I got the idea from Karen," I told Andy as we walked up the stairs so he could put his suitcase in the bedroom.

"Oh that sound delicious darling," Andy told me.

"I hope it's good," I told him as I sat down.

I was still having some cramps so I needed to take a deep breath and center myself.

Andy turned around and looked at me. His smile disappeared temporarily. 

"You don't look well darling are you feeling ok?" Andy asked with a worried look.

"I uh well," I began stating.

"What's the matter darling?" Andy asked as he came and felt my forehead.

"I well, I've been having a miscarriage," I told him as I held my side temporarily. 

Andy furrowed his eyebrows together.

"Miscarriage? Darling we were expecting?" Andy asked confused.

"I didn't know either. I thought it was a really bad period. So, after I came back from Florida, I went ahead and went to the doctors so they could give me some prescriptions. But it turns out I was pregnant. Not very far along based on the levels of HCG in my blood work," I explained through tears to him as Andy sat down next to me on the bed.

"I am so sorry darling you had to go through this alone. When did you find out?" Andy asked with a mellow tone in his voice.

"A few hours ago. I have to go back to the doctors on Friday. They told me to go to the emergency if it gets worse," I told Andy who now had me in an embrace.

"I want you to rest as much as you can and we will take care of you and make sure this goes the way nature intends it to happen. I don't know what to say, darling," Andy told me in a whisper.

"I've been at a loss for words myself love I'm just glad you are home," I told him.

"When the time is right, it'll work out for us, but until that time, let's focus on your healing," Andy told me.

I could feel tears from him hitting my neck silently.

I lifted my head to meet his gaze and he had a lot of tear stains already.

I sniffled as we looked at each other.

"I think the worse part is missing something that I didn't even have," I told him quietly.

"I know what you mean darling but it'll be our time when it is right," Andy told me as he kissed my forehead.

I sighed at his words.

"When the time is right," I told him.

"Are you feeling ok? Do you need to go to the doctor or anything?" Andy asked sweetly.

I shook my head.

"The only thing I need is you to reassure me from now till forever as you've always done," I whispered to him as I closed my eyes as tears trickled down my cheeks.

"I got you darling always and forever," Andy told me lovingly as he wiped the tears from my face.

I looked at him and wiped the tears from his face.

How can you miss something that was never known? Only time will tell.