Chapter 93

"Oh my god," I commented as I stared at the TV.

"What's the matter oh my god," Andy commented.

They were playing reruns of the Newlywed show and somehow it slipped my mind we were on there a few years back.

"Tell me why we did this?" I asked chuckling.

"Shhh let's reminisce, darling," Andy said as he sat down next to me.

He adjusted the volume.

"Who said, "I love you first?" Did I say you 'cause it was definitely you," I told Andy.

"I think you said me," Andy replied as we waited for us to pop up from early 1982.

"It was definitely him who said it. He could have said it sooner then he did but I waited for him to cave," is what I said in 1982.

"Well it's hard not to say I feel that way," Andy said in the episode.

"See I still got it,"  I told Andy.

"That's my girl," Andy chuckled.

"Where did we go on our first date?" I asked out loud.

"Do we consider the taco date at the record store our first date?" Andy asked me.

"I always have but what did we say in 1982?" I commented.

"Well, trying to take her on a first date was hard. She was always working and it always seemed like something came up. Our first date was tacos at her job," Andy spoke on the TV.

"I always think that's funny we were friends first at the record store and then we had our first date at the record store since someone quit mid-shift," I recalled.

"True but I knew you were the one quiet early on because of how our first date went," Andy confessed.

I chuckled.

"I'm high maintenance and low maintenance what can I say?" I asked chuckling.

"Haha darling you are too funny," Andy replied.

The show went on break so Andy and I conversed for a few.

"How many more questions did they ask do you remember?" I asked Andy as I went to run and grab a drink.

"If my memory serves me right, the next question was, " Which of you is the better catch?" I think that was one of the final questions," Andy replied.

I got some ice water quickly and headed back to the living room.

"That sounds about right. I know I said you," I told him as I sat back down.

"I think I said you as my answer. We totally chose each other," Andy replied.

"Well like I always say, thousands of men and women love and want you," I defended.

"I could say the same about you darling but I'm glad you chose me," Andy told me.

The show came back on and so we went back to listening to ourselves.

"Why didn't they fix that girl next to us hair oh gosh," I remarked.

Andy laughed at my comment.

"Darling it's not that bad for her," Andy told me.

"I just feel like they did her dirty. Like look at my hair, her hair, and the other ladies' hair," I gestured to the TV.

"I guess you got a point darling," Andy laughed

"Ok shhhhh," I told him as we waited to hear the question.

"Who is the better catch?" Bob Eubanks asked.

We were first in line to answer.

"(Y/N)?" Bob asked.

"I would say Andy is because I mean come on look at him. Thousands of women and some men would love to be his everything," was what I said on the show.

I laughed at myself.

"Darling, did you really use my own song as part of your answer? Why don't I remember that," Andy commented as he shook his head.

"Don't ask me that was a long time ago," I defended.

"But it was cute," Andy remarked as he waited to see his answer.

"Aw you did say me in your answer," I commented proudly.

"Of course darling," Andy replied as he left a kiss on my temple.

"Wait they still gave us a point?" I asked.

"Well that I didn't remember," Andy replied as we focused on the last part of the episode.

And so, the episode continued on and Andy and I reflected more after.

"Do you think we are the way we are now because of how fast everything happened?" I asked him curiously.

"Honestly darling, I think it happened organically. You can't force things and we never did," Andy responded.

"I guess that's true. I just feel that because you had way more experience in relationships than me it seems like things were either super fast or in someone else's eyes super slow," I told him.

"That's a good point darling I mean who knows if it's just us or how others see it," Andy replied.

"Time is a weird thing, isn't it?" I asked Andy.

"Oh of course darling I think so too," Andy told me as we turned the TV off for now.

I stood up.

"Where are you going darling?" Andy inquired.

"To go check on Biscuit and also go pick some fruit and such, " I said as I held my hand out to him.

"Sounds good to me," Andy replied.

Living the white picket fence dream.