Chapter 153

"I am so out of shape," I remarked as we hiked.

It was the weekend of our anniversary. We were completing the sunset hike.

"Darling it's not that bad," Andy told me.

"Not that bad? I'm sweating and it's literally September," I told him jokingly.

Andy chuckled as we found a spot to sit and take a break.

"We got like one more mile before we reach the spot to watch the sunset," Andy told me as he looked at the map.

"Thank god," I remarked as I drank some water.

"Then we will go to dinner after we freshen up," Andy told me.

"Where are we going again? Remind me," I told him.

"Bacchi's. It's one of the oldest restaurants here," Andy remarked.

"Oh wow," I told him.

"So we leave here and go straight to the hotel cause the reservations are at 8:00," Andy told me proudly as we both started walking again.

"Ok sounds good love," I remarked.

The rest of the hike was uphill so I knew when I got back to the hotel I would definitely need to shower.

The sun would set in 20 mins. When we got to the top, it was like the entire world around us didn't exist.

"It's really quiet," I commented as Andy and I sat at the top to watch the sunset.

"It is. It's sort of nice," Andy told me.

"I wish it could be peaceful like this every day," I told him.

"Right darling," Andy remarked as we just stared out into the distance.

The sun began setting as it was just above the horizon, and we began our walk back to the car.

"At least now it's all downhill," I joked as we walked hand in hand back down the trail.

"True darling my legs are killing me," Andy told me.

"We will definitely have to pay tomorrow," I told him chuckling.

"Our joints will be sore," Andy told me as we continued walking downhill.

Andy stopped as he kneeled down to tie his shoe.

"I am so thankful you snapped your shoe came untied if not I can only imagine the percussion," I remarked.

"Yeah that would have been terrible darling," Andy commented as he finished tieing his shoe.

"Ok ready?" I asked as he grabbed my hand once more.

"We will make it back to the hotel, shower, and then get ready to go eat," Andy mentally listed his checklist.

"Sounds wonderful," I told him as we made it to the end of the hiking trail.

The car parking lot was in sight.

I took a deep breath as we continued walking to the car.

Andy jiggled his keys out of his pocket as we reached the car.

"Here we are," Andy told me opening the door for me. 

"Thank you, love," I told him as I slid my backpack off and put it on the floor of the front seat.

Andy did the same before getting into the car with me.

Andy took a deep breath and let out a big sigh as he settled into the driver seat.

"I'm just gonna take a moment darling to relax," Andy chuckled.

"You are fine love," I told him.

"I don't know why I thought it would be a good idea to go to dinner in person after taking a hike," Andy realized.

"Well," I remarked.

"Well, what?" Andy asked.

"I know we have our reservations but we could always call room service instead," I told him.

"Oh that is a good point," Andy remarked as he turned the car on.

"We could always go tomorrow to the restaurant if you don't feel up to it. I won't be mad love," I told him as he began to back out of the space.

"Well it is an excellent idea darling," Andy told me as we began our drive back to the hotel.

"So dinner in bed sounds like an excellent plan," I remarked as I stared out the window.

"You know you are the best darling. Being so flexible with stuff," Andy told me as he reached to hold my hand.

"I also feel like we'd both not want to drive home as bone tired as we are gonna be because of the hike," I told him.

Andy laughed.

"Good point darling," Andy smiled at me.

"This has been one of the best anniversaries ever if I haven't verbalized it yet," I told him as we arrived shortly in the hotel parking lot.

"I'm so glad to hear that darling," Andy remarked.

I could hear a smile in his voice. When I turned to look at him, he was smiling ear to ear.

Andy parked the car and then turned to look at me.

"What?" Andy asked me.

I leaned over and kissed him.

"Thank you for everything," I told him after I pulled away.

"To our anniversary," Andy remarked.

"A weekend we will never forget," I told him.

Anniversary shenanigans continue.