Chapter 74

"You look exhausted love," I remarked as Andy walked into the house.

He had been on the go for the last 3 weeks with nonstop shows, appearances, and a photo shoot. 

Andy yawned as he took his shoes off and took his jacket off.

"I feel beat darling," Andy remarked as he came over and wrapped his arms around me for a hug.

"Do you want some coffee? Or do you want to try and rest?" I asked Andy.

"Coffee might help," Andy remarked as he let go of me and we headed to the kitchen.

His eye bags were darker than I'd ever remember seeing them.

Andy sat at the table as I got the coffee pot going.

"So how was the taping?"  I asked him as I situated our cups.

"Good. I just wish I had not been so busy the last few weeks," Andy replied.

I sighed. He was really tired and he was not himself at all.

"Is there anything to make you feel better?" I asked him.

I knew he wasn't sick but sometimes asking didn't hurt.

"I just want to sleep for a thousand years," Andy commented.

I chuckled.

"Be careful what you wish for," I warned him.

"Why?" Andy asked confused.

"The universe sometimes misinterprets our words," I told him.

"Oh," Andy replied sort of shocked.

We waited for the coffee machine to finish making and then we decided to take our cups outside to enjoy the afternoon sunshine. Despite the breeze, it was turning out to be a nice spring day.

We sat on the porch swing. I still couldn't believe it after all these months we have my childhood dream.

Andy leaned his head on my shoulder as we swung back and forth lightly.

"How's the coffee?" I asked after a period of silence.

"Good darling as usual. You always make a good cup of coffee," Andy replied with a slight smile.

I slightly turned to kiss his forehead.

Andy smiled.

"You know I like when you do that. It makes me feel important for some reason," Andy interjected.

I smiled at his comment.

"Really love?" I asked as I reached to put my mug down on the table next to me. 

I had already finished my cup of coffee. Andy was halfway done with his.

"Yeah I mean, I don't know it just," Andy tried replying but couldn't come up with a response. 

"It just makes you feel good?" I interjected.

"Yeah, darling it does. It's a small gesture that makes me feel so important to you like security," Andy replied.

"I'm glad that it makes you feel important," I told him as we stopped the swing.

"Why did you stop swinging?" Andy asked as he lifted his head off my shoulder.

"So we can go in so you can lay down and rest," I told him as I stood up.

"I like that idea a lot darling," Andy replied as he copied me and followed me inside.

Biscuit was roaming all over the backyard so I wasn't too worried about her.

We put our mugs in the sink and then went to lie down.

"You need to rest your eyes," I told Andy as we got situated on the bed.

"I know darling I will I promise," Andy defended himself as he laid an arm across my torso.

I traced my finger lightly over his face. The tiredness really stood out in this lighting.

"How many more appearances do you have to do?"  I asked him quietly as he had his eyes closed.

"Today was the last one for a few days. I then have to do some sort of charity show," Andy mumbled back.

He was exhausted and he was going to cave in any minute. 

"That's good. Now sleep," I commented.

Andy chuckled as he peeled his eyes open.

"You are too good to me," Andy replied with a sleepy smile.

"I know I am now I want to see you asleep soon," I commented as I kissed his sleepy face.

Andy smiled.

And so, he was out for the next few hours. I ended up getting up after the first hour to go start on some laundry and also write out my list of groceries that we would go get in the next few days.

I kept to myself all afternoon till 4:30 when Andy came out of the bedroom.

I was standing at the kitchen counter when I heard feet shuffling across the wooden tile.

I turned around to find a sleepy bed-headed Andrew.

I slightly chuckled at the sight of his hair.

"How long was I asleep? When did you leave me?" Andy asked as he stretched before coming over to where I was standing.

"About 3 hours sleepy head," I commented as I reached for his hair to try and flatten it out.

"It felt like forever that I was asleep," Andy replied as he stared at me while I patted his hair.

"It usually feels like that when you need the sleep," I told him as I brought him in for a kiss.

He still was sleepy and I could feel it in the kiss.

"What were you up to while I was sleeping?" Andy asked curiously.

"Well I got the laundry done and also started our grocery list," I replied as I gestured to the paper on the counter.

"Dang I was asleep for a long time," Andy chuckled.

"Yes you were Andrew," I replied lovingly.

"Why do you use my real name sometimes?" Andy laughed.

"Cause I like it, Andrew," I replied.

"But I'm Andy," Andy replied shaking his head.

"Yes I know that but your full name sound so proper and I like the way it rolls off my tongue,"  I defended.

"It does sound pretty cute coming from you," Andy replied as he reached for the grocery list on the counter.

"When did you want to go shopping?" I asked as I changed the subject.

"Whenever you would like darling," Andy replied as he read the list.

"How about tomorrow?" I asked him.

"It's a date," Andy replied jokingly.

"Everything we do is a date," I replied jokingly.

"Exactly darling. It doesn't have to cost money to spend time with each other," Andy commented.

"And that's the perfect thing about our relationship," I told him with a smile.

"I do agree darling," Andy replied as he kissed my forehead.

To another day gone in the books.