Chapter 193

"Oh boy," I remarked as I took a sip of punch.

We were at Johnny's album launch party. I don't know what they put into the punch but I was already disliking it.

"It can't be that bad darling," Andy told me.

"Here, taste it," I gave him my cup.

He took a sip.

Andy's face puckered.

"I think they forgot to put sugar," Andy told me as Johnny came over to us.

"How's it going?" Johnny asked.

"Someone forgot to put sugar in the punch," I told him.

"What?" Johnny asked chuckling.

"Taste it yourself man," Andy told him.

"Okay," Johnny chuckled again.

And so, Johnny took a sip. He puckered his face as Andy did.

"Okay yeah, I can taste that it doesn't have sugar. How do we fix that?" Johnny asked.

"Go find John and tell him," I told him.

"Okay," Johnny remarked as he tossed the cup of punch.

Andy and I chuckled.

"Well that's the only thing that seems to have gone wrong," I remarked.

"Who dropped the ball on the sugar?" Andy asked.

"I literally don't know. I finalized everything and that wasn't even the biggest concern I had," I remarked as Karen waltzed in.

Johnny saw her and went to greet her. It was so cute seeing Johnny being so involved and outgoing. He was really in his mania.

"He's literally thriving I'm so proud of him," I remarked as we watched him.

Andy smiled.

"I know darling. It's really nice to see him doing good," Andy told me.

"Yes I mean it's crazy how much stuff has changed since a year ago. And then next week, he goes on his tour," I remarked.

I was like a proud mother.

"I can't wait to see his show here in LA. It's going to be exciting," Andy remarked.

Karen and Johnny came over to where we were standing.

"Hiiii," Karen remarked as she gave me a hug.

"How are you?" I asked her.

"Good good," she replied as we separated from the hug.

"How are things at the studio?" Andy asked Karen.

Of course, singer's lingo.

"Good actually. Our new album will be out I think in the spring. It's taken over a year to get all the songs recorded the way we wanted them. Plus Rich likes messing with the new technology as it comes out," Karen explained as John walked over to the punch table and had found a bag of sugar to pour into the bowl of punch.

Karen looked confused.

"W-what is John doing?" she asked.

I laughed.

"There was no sugar in the punch. Somehow someone forgot," Andy told her.

"Yeah man it was pretty terrible," Johnny commented.

"How do you forget to put sugar in fruit punch?" Karen asked shaking her head.

"I literally have no clue. That's always my first step the sugar and the punch flavor packet into the pitcher," I replied as John disappeared again.

"Yeah man same though I've rarely ever made a punch in my life," Johnny told us.

"Right right," I remarked.

"Anywho I better get ready for my speech," Johnny told us.

"Break a leg," I told him before he left.

"Thanks sis," he told me as he went to find John.

"This is soooo exciting!" Karen commented.

"Yes definitely," I remarked.

Andy had disappeared momentarily and came back.

"The punch is better," he remarked as he sipped on the punch.

I laughed.

"I should have just stuck my finger in it to sweeten it," I joked.

"Bahaha," Karen burst out in laughter.

"That's true that would have saved John from looking for the sugar," Andy remarked.

"Maybe," I remarked chuckling.

The room got quiet as John got everyone's attention.

John went over the typical things most management does. Then, Johnny got to go up and talk. 

"I'm so proud of him," I remarked quietly.

"I am too," Karen replied back.

"He followed his dreams," Andy commented as we listened to Johnny's speech.

"But most of all, I want to thank (Y/N). She has been like a sister to me," Johnny commented.

I smiled at him.

Johnny's speech went on for another minute before they started playing his album.

"Congratulations again," I told Johnny as he walked back to where we were standing.

"Thank you. I cannot believe this still," Johnny remarked.

"You're gonna make it after all," I told him.

Yes, Johnny, we both made it. Now it's your turn to shine.