Chapter 32

Andy and I had decided to plan a little get-together at our house to commence his new music coming later in the summer. All his friends in the business were coming and of course his brothers, Karen, and countless other names I have forgotten.

We had it catered by La Scala Boutique. Andy wanted Italian food for the get-together so we made it happen.

"Which outfit should I wear?" I asked my husband who was finishing getting ready.

 Karen and Olivia were downstairs already while we were finishing up. His brothers and their wives were also downstairs conversing with the two.

"I think the dress would look nice darling. You don't have to dress fancy. It's just a little gathering with the family," Andy replied.

"I just don't wanna disappoint you," I replied as I went to get dressed in the bathroom. 

"Darling you could never disappoint me. It's a dinner with our family and they love you," Andy replied outside the door.

"You know me," I quietly replied as I adjusted the sleeves on the dress.

I looked at myself in the mirror before popping out of the bathroom.

"See you look pretty darling," Andy reassured me.

I just smiled as I went to get my shoes on before we headed downstairs.

Andy reached his hand out to me as we walked down the hall to our living room.

"Has Robert arrived yet?" Andy asked his eldest brother.

"No, not yet. I mean he could be sitting outside in his car waiting for us to get him," Barry replied.

Karen came over to me as she noticed my facial expressions of anxiety. 

Andy went and looked out the front door for a sign of Robert.

"Are you ok?" Karen asked.

"Eh," I replied quietly.

"Let's sneak outside and get you some fresh air," Karen told me as we went outside. 

Karen and I disappeared to the backyard patio where we had the tables set. The weather was perfect for outdoor dining and less hassle for cleanup. 

"My nerves are getting to me," I told Karen as we sat down.

"It'll be ok. You know them. It's not like it's a brand new batch of people," Karen replied.

"I know but like Robert is gonna be here and like Andy's manager is too. Like I don't wanna make a mockery of myself," I told her.

"Girl you are overthinking. Plus all you gotta do is look pretty," Karen replied with a nudge.

I laughed.

"I may just take your advice," I told her chuckling.

The sliding glass door creaked open before Karen could reply.

"I wonder where you guys went," Olivia commented.

"Just needed some fresh air," I told her with a smile.

"Is Robert here?" Karen asked.

"No, not yet. Andy's phoning to see if he's late," Olivia replied.

"Sounds good," I replied to Olivia.

"The setup is so pretty. Where did you get the centerpieces?" Karen asked me.

Olivia found a chair next to Karen on the left side of her.

"I made them myself actually," I told Karen as the sliding glass door opened again.

This time, it was Andy.

"Robert's not coming after all. He is stuck in New York apparently," Andy told us.

"Oh? That's uhm," I begin to reply.

"Odd I know darling. But my manager is on his way. He'll be here soon so we can get started on the food soon," Andy replied as he came over to give me a kiss on the forehead.

"Sounds good. Also, they put the cake in the fridge right?" I asked Andy before he went back inside.

"Yes, I'll actually go double-check that," Andy replied as he disappeared inside.

Just after that, Linda popped outside.

"Is this where the life of the party is?" Linda joked as she came and sat down next to us.

"Yes, I suppose. Are they getting boring in there?" I joked.

"Actually yes. All they are talking about is music and I love music but gosh darn it there are other things to talk about like the weather," Linda replied with a chuckle.

"The weather actually shaped up to be honest. It was so rainy the last few weeks. I was worried today was going to get ruined," I replied to Linda.

"I know Andy was telling Barry about the blackout that happened a few weeks back," Linda replied.

While we talked, Olivia and Karen just chatted a million miles away together.

"The rain was really bad for a while. I never thought the overcast would disappear," I replied as all the Gibb gang began filing outside.

"They are ready to start serving the food darling," Andy commented as everyone found a place to sit.

"Perfect," I replied smiling.

"Is there any particular place you want us?" Yvonne asked me.

"No not at all just make yourself at home," I replied smiling as I stood up from my seat.

"They will be bringing everything out here for the entire course of the meal," Andy told me as we found a seat next to each other.

"Oh good, I hope it is good. I mean any Italian dish is so good," I replied as we all settled down as the cater came out with the first set of plates and food.

"They also have the cake paired with Pinot Noir wine," Andy whispered as we all waited for our first plate.

"Oooh how fun," I replied

"Can you pass the garlic butter?" I heard Mo ask Robin.

I suddenly realized they had brought baskets out with bread and sides of butter.

"You guys know the way to a person's heart with food," Olivia joked.

Me and Andy chuckled.

"We thought this would be the best to start off with an appetizer," the cater announced at the table.

"I won't ever say no to garlic bread," Robin said jokingly.

"Neither would I," Linda replied.

"The first dish is Risotto with Sausage and Parsley in a tomato sauce," the cater told us.

My stomach growled at the statement of food.

"Was that your stomach?" Yvonne asked leaning close to me.

She was on my left side while Andy was on the right.

"Yes I'm embarrassed," I replied.

"I thought it was me to be honest," Yvonne whispered back.

I chuckled.

"If they would just bring the risotto out that would be lovely," I joked.

Yvonne smiled as she turned to talk to her husband.

Andy didn't hear my stomach growl thank goodness but can't imagine who else may have heard my tummy.

"How is the bread darling?" Andy asked as we all were zoned out on the food.

"Good good," I replied to him.

"Barry says that it must be Ciabatta," Andy commented.

"I would not have known that," I replied to Andy.

As we were conversing, they finally brought the risotto out for us to have for our first plate. 

Needless to say, today would be stuffed.