Chapter 155

"Johnny you got to come to Sunset! There are thousands of posters everywhere with your face," I told him as I was on the pay phone with him.

"What do you mean?" Johnny remarked.

"There are posters of your face with the single title on it," I told him.

"I'll be there in 10," Johnny told me.

I hung up the phone. I had gone shopping with Karen and when we walked out of one of the stores, Karen noticed Johnny's face was plastered all over Sunset.

"So what did he say?" Karen inquired.

"He didn't believe me but he said he'll be here in 10," I told Karen as we put our stuff in our trunks.

After that, we went to stand in the shade.

"You guys at the record company didn't plan this?" Karen asked.

I shook my head.

"Nope. We have a Billboard planned in a month if and when his single hits 10,000 plays on the airways which it is definitely looking like it will," I told Karen as I noticed someone on a bike coming towards us.

The bike slowed as it approached us. It was Levi.

"Levi?" I commented as he got off the bike and walked over to us.

"You like what I did?" Levi asked.

"Wait you did this?" I asked shocked.

Karen chuckled.

"Yes I wanted to get Johnny's single promoted and well I had the brilliant idea to put posters all over the Los Angeles area," Levi explained.

"Wait there's more?" I asked as I saw Johnny's car at the light.

"Yeah, I  put some up at the record store. I put some all over the entire downtown area too. And I might have found an abandoned billboard and made a poster for it too," Levi listed off.

My mouth flew open in shock.

I watched as Johnny parked behind Karen's car.

"I can't believe you did this," I remarked proudly.

"Hey how's it going," Johnny remarked as he walked up to us.

"Guess who did all this?" Karen asked Johnny.

"Me. It was me," Levi remarked.

"You did this for me?" Johnny asked in shock.

"Yeah I mean I really want you to go all the way to the top. There's a billboard off Rodeo and Brighton that has a poster of you as well," Levi told Johnny.

"Is John gonna get mad?" Johnny asked worriedly.

"It's free promotion how can he get mad? It's not even a dime out of his pocket," I told Johnny.

"Let's go find the billboard," Karen told us.

"Wanna ride Levi? You can put your bike in the back seat of my car," I told him.

"Yes let's go. I think it would be good if you lead us anyhow," Levi told me as we went to put his bike in my car.

And so, the 4 of us proceeded to head to the billboard.

When we approached the billboard, I was shocked. It wasn't just a little board, it was huge and Johnny's face had people stopping and staring at the poster.

"Oh my god Levi you really went all out for Johnny," I told him as we found somewhere to park.

"I had to. You and him are my bestest friends in the world," Levi told me as we parked.

"Awww," I told him as we got out. 

Johnny and Karen caught up to where we were.

"Holy crap Levi," Johnny remarked.

"I hope it's not too much," Levi told him.

"Too much? Are you serious? This is beyond my wildest dreams and I am so grateful," Johnny told him.

People stopped and stared and a few people noticed Johnny.

Young girls started surrounding Johnny as they noticed he was the one on the billboard.

People began asking for his autograph and just overall a small mob was taking over.

"It's a good thing no one knows who I am," I remarked quietly to Karen.

"Why do you think I adjusted my hat and sunglasses," Karen whispered.

"Hey Johnny we got that appointment in 20 we might want to get going," Levi remarked as he posed as his manager.

Johnny was being overwhelmed by the small group of spectators.

"I will see you guys around. Thanks for the support,," Johnny told them as Levi escorted him to Johnny's car. 

Karen and I chuckled as we went to our cars. 

Levi and Johnny went into his car to make it more believable. I decided to drive to the record store so Levi could get his bike.

We parked and I couldn't believe how many posters Levi had put up.

"You really are making it Johnny," I smiled to him.

"My first experience of being mobbed. How fun was that," Johnny joked.

"I will keep doing this," Levi gestured to the posters before he opened the back door of my car.

"We should get lunch soon," Karen told the three of us.

"Yes we definitely need to," I told her.

"How about next week after I'm done with my meeting with John?" Johnny asked.

"I'm down," Karen told him.

"Me too," I told him.

"Me three," Levi told Johnny.

"I cannot believe it. I'm a star," Johnny remarked.

"You are on your way to on top of the world," Karen told him with a wink.

To a hit star, Johnny. You are making it kid.