Chapter 79

"Chestnut slow down!" I commented as I tried to steer her back to her stable.

I had just taken her on a walk across the field and she was restless.

"Darling don't hurt yourself," Andy cautioned. 

"She's just being stubborn that's all," I replied as I got Chestnut to get into the stable slowly.

"Is she sick?" Andy asked.

"I don't think so. I know she really didn't want to go on a walk this morning but she needed to get her exercise," I replied.

"She just maybe restless who knows darling. I'll keep an on her," Andy told me.

"She is only a 4 right?" I asked Andy as I locked the stable door.

"Yeah that's what's so strange," he replied.

We then began our trek back to the house to wash up and check the garden.

The rains had been blessing our plants so we were lucky to see all of our produce flourishings.

We arrived back in our little garden. The tomatoes had finally begun turning red. I wanted to pick a few.

"The cucumbers look like the bugs have been eating them," Andy analyzed.

I frowned and came to look at the plant.

"Bummer summer why?" I asked out loud.

"Who knows darling? The squash bugs may mistake it for squash," Andy replied as he pulled the half-rotted cucumbers.

"I picked three tomatoes for us to try. I know if they are a bit darker, they are a bit sweeter," I told him.

"Ooooh ok," Andy replied.

And then, we walked down to the little grove of trees. The lemons were multiplying faster and faster each day.

"We should try and make homemade lemonade," I told Andy as we picked the fruit.

"That sounds refreshing darling," Andy replied as he tossed a rotted lemon on the ground.

Biscuit thought it was a ball and decided to take it and run with it.

"Biscuit you ain't gonna like it," I commented.

Andy laughed.

"She likes playing fetch," I commented.

"I know but not with a rotted lemon," Andy chuckled.

"Will she get sick from it?" I asked.

"No I don't think so," Andy remarked.

"Ok I was worried cause I know there are foods and stuff dogs cannot eat," I replied.

"The lemon is dried out so it'll be fine," Andy replied.

After finishing picking the fruit, we headed inside and I got bath water ready for the fruit.

"So what else are we doing today darling?" Andy asked.

"Well, we have to prepare for that big red carpet tomorrow so we should go over our outfits and stuff," I remarked as I placed the fruit in the sink.

"Oh shoot that's right. That stupid movie premiere," Andy remarked.

"Yes but hey at least we get to eat some good food," I told him chuckling.

"Is that the only good side to this? A free meal?" Andy joked.

"Honestly yes I don't like the idea of wearing heels for 3 hours but a free steak? Hell yeah," I told him as I dried my hands and headed out of the kitchen.

"Free steak you are funny darling," Andy replied as we walked to the stairs to get outfits picked.

"I don't turn down a free meal at all," I told him.

"That's my girl," Andy joked as we walked into the bedroom.

"Ok so what was the theme for the carpet?" I asked Andy.

"Black tie affair," Andy replied.

"So this black dress would work?" I asked him as I headed to my closet to show him.

"That's perfect darling," Andy replied back.

"What color are you wearing?" I asked him.

"Royal blue, your favorite," Andy commented.

I smiled.

"Yes you know I love you in that color," I told him.

"Of course you do and it's cute," Andy told me lovingly.

It was nice to see us back to our old selves.

"Well you do look nice that's all I have to say," I told him as I went to look for a pair of heels.

Andy smiled at my comment.

"Are you gonna wear sneakers or take some sneakers with you?" Andy asked.

"That's actually a great idea love," I commented as I put aside some black sneakers.

"I know my girl," Andy told me.

"Yes you do," I told him happily.

"I can't wait to show you off," Andy allured.

I smiled.

"I look forward to accompanying you Mr. Gibb," I commented in an accent.

"I do appreciate it, darling," Andy said lovingly.

"I know you do," I told him.

Back to being normal, I suppose.