Chapter 50

Karen and I finally made it to Sears after some initial planning interruptions. KC's kitchen was almost done being remodeled and we were finally going to pick out stuff for her house and mine.

Andy wanted to really revamp the entire kitchen. As long as I had been with him, we really haven't made any differences in there minus a few appliances we got for the wedding.

So, Karen and I started out in the dishware section of Sears.

"So you want to get all yellow dishes to accent the kitchen?" I asked KC as we browsed for a set of yellow dishes.

"Yes I wanted everything color coordinated," Karen replied as she went around the corner of an aisle. 

"Are you going to get salad plates too? Bowls?" I asked her.

"Yes, those I think are on the aisle down from here," she told me.

We both had our own carts and I was really wanting to get these baby pink dishes for the house. But, they wouldn't match anything else in the kitchen.

I stared at them till I decided to get a set of 10. It would be a nice refresher to the plain white dishes we had.

"Hey I found the bowls," I heard KC call from a few aisles over.

After I finished stacking the dishes in my cart, I walked over to where she was.

"You couldn't help yourself could you?" Karen joked.

"No, this baby pink is so pretty and oh no they have the matching bowls?" I commented.

Karen laughed.

"Get them! I'm sure Andy wouldn't mind," Karen said as she stacked yellow bowls into her cart.

"If I don't, I'll regret it," I commented.

"Oh they have some nice drinking glasses too," Karen replied distracted.

I chuckled as she went over to the shelf with the glasses. No, they weren't yellow.

"I better stop while I'm ahead. We haven't even gotten to the kitchenware like the spice rack you wanted KC," I reminded her.

"Right oh shoot we gotta go find that," Karen commented.

So we headed to another section of Sears where kitchenware was at. They had salt and pepper shakers, they had napkin holders, etc. Everything you needed for a kitchen to look pretty.

"I wanted the yellow one they advertised. Do you see it?" Karen asked as we sifted through boxes on the shelf.

I grabbed some of the boxes to verify the colors. They had the white ones and a silver one in stock, but no yellow.

"KC I don't think there is any yellow in stock," I told her.

"Ah man it is ok we can make one of these work," Karen told me.

"I mean what other color is the accent of the kitchen?" I asked her.

"White," Karen replied as she studied two boxes of the spice racks.

"Well then there is your answer," I told her.

"Good thinking," Karen replied as she put the spice rack in her cart.

"What else were you wanting to buy?" I asked her.

"I wanted some new dish towels and stuff," Karen replied as she glanced around for an aisle sign.

"Oooh ok let's see if we can find some," I told her.

We took our little buggies full of stuff and searched for the aisle.