Chapter 34

Today was our second day in Denver. This morning after breakfast, we headed out to the Denver Mint. It wasn't as exciting as I had anticipated but Andy was happy and that's all that mattered.

Then, after lunch, we hit up the Mayan Theatre for a film. The Mayan Theatre opened in 1930 and played movies all the time. Now they have a select few that they play every day. They had a special event showing John Wayne's "El Dorado." Andy was a fan of John Wayne so that also made him excited to see the movie on the big screen.  Unfortunately being a star like Andy had its downfalls and today was an example.  

We had just exited the theatre and we were being escorted by a security guard. As soon as the lights went up, a young girl screamed "Andy Gibb." They had us hide in a secure closet area until they got enough security and one cop on site to help with the crowds. 

"How are we gonna get back to our hotel without followers?" I asked Andy as the security guards were pushing people back.

"Darling we will I promise," Andy replied as the security guards cleared the path to a car.

The two cops were parked in front and back of our cab that they had called. They would escort us to the hotel. All this was overwhelming and my stomach was in knots.

We safely got into the car and settled in. There was so many girls screaming outside the car.

"I feel bad. If I had known a theatre would have caused this," I begin saying.

"No need to apologize darling. It happened and we are safe now," Andy replied reassuringly.

I sighed. I really wanted the trip to be perfect and now it was just tiring.

"I just wanted it to be smooth. Not exactly how I thought our Saturday afternoon would go," I replied as they begin to escort the driver of our car.

"Ma'am this is sort of exciting for me as a cab driver. I've never had a celebrity encounter," the driver commented.

Andy and I chuckled. 

"Well, that's exciting sir for you! I am glad you are calm about all this hustle and bustle," Andy told him.

"Calm? I'm an excited man! I've never been called to do something so extraordinary," the cab driver explained.

I smiled. This guy truly was funny and actually helped the situation. 

We were almost back to the hotel. The cops were trying to keep it quiet with no sirens but they kept the lights on.

"Just a few minutes darling and then we can go hide in the hotel room," Andy commented.

I let out a deep sigh. I was so worried that the dinner reservations would now be ruined with fans knowing Andy Gibb was in Denver.

"Are we going to be able to go to our dinner reservations without all this hassle?" I asked him as we arrived in front of the hotel.

"I don't know darling I mean it's probably safer if we have some sort of security or cop escort to dinner tonight," Andy replied as the cop opened the door for us.

There wasn't much of a crowd at the hotel so we were safe for now.

"We can order room service love if it makes it better," I commented.

"That may be a great idea. We just got to monitor if people swarm outside before we cancel the reservations darling," Andy told me as he got the hotel key out as we headed inside the lobby.

The hotel security took over from there and escorted us to the elevator. 

"I just wanted it to all be so perfect but it is ok if we can't eat there love," I told him as we got into the elevator.

"We can always come back to Denver later on and do the things we couldn't this time around," Andy reminded me as he held my hand.

I sort of smiled. I forget that we can always come back. But, because I planned this, I was mad that my plans were foiled by outside sources.

We arrived at our hotel door and we got settled in for the time being. I was really depressed that the trip turned fan mobbed.

Andy noticed my demeanor.

"Darling I know you are sad about how the events turned but I am still so grateful you planned all of this for me," Andy commented.

"I know but it just sucks the one time I planned something so special and it got ruined," I told him as I took my shoes off.

"Perhaps we need to come up with an alias or maybe I need to regrow the beard out," Andy joked.

"That's a good idea on both ends love," I replied smiling.

"Ok, so what is your alias?" Andy questioned.

"Well I don't know I mean I always liked the name Lola or Bonnie," I commented.

"Those are pretty good darling well you need a last name," Andy replied as he sat down next to me.

"Bonnie Smith? Lola Mendez?" I randomly spat out.

Andy chuckled.

"Those are pretty good darling. I like them both," Andy replied.

"Well what about you? What is your alias?" I asked him.

"I always liked the name Gregory so maybe I'll go by Gregory Smith," Andy replied as he nudged me.

"So our alias are married to each other?" I asked smiling.

"Duh darling why wouldn't they be?" Andy asked.

"Good point Gregory," I replied with a chuckle.

"Thank you Bonnie," Andy joked.

"So now what? We can't be sure if there will be any other crazy fans outside," I replied.

"Let's just try and take a few moments to recoup from the craziness and let the stars write out destiny darling," Andy told me.

"I think that's a great idea love," I replied happily.

Denver sure has a different ring to it today.